Level 3 Data Network Operations Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
See job description for details
EI Enterprise Services (ENS) controls Morgan Stanley’s wide area networks, local area networks, telephony, trading turrets, voice recording with End User Computing, cellular networks globally. The team operates across 1300 locations in 43 countries and manages several hundred additional client, exchange and market data connections.
We are looking for a senior Level 3 Data Ops Engineer to join our dynamic team in London. You will be responsible for both incident management and delivery/task execution.This includes a number of complex hygiene initiatives (e.g. code upgrades, reboots, configuration audits) primarily supported and escalated by L1 and L2 outsource teams.
In addition, you will be involved in multiple projects for the EMEA Network Ops team such as London Data Centre refresh, Cisco Critical Refresh, Internet Plant Upgrade and security related projects highly critical for the firm. This role will give you exposure to critical business systems, to key stakeholders and to internal partners globally. You will be interacting with and exposed to highly skilled engineers and architectures with extensive experience in our domain, providing you a great opportunity to build on and improve your existing knowledge and expertise.
Our wide range of products are provided by vendors the likes of Cisco, Arista and Adva our firm has long established relationships with. These relationships allow us direct access to product information and specialized trainings on demand.
The EMEA team is part of a global follow the sun model for support and will require expert troubleshooting skills to ensure minimal downtime to critical services. Weekend on-call rotations will be required to provide full coverage and project execution.
- Desire to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to prioritise along with good time management skills
- Sense of ownership/accountability
- High level of initiative, proactive approach
- Demonstrable Experience working with Network Management tools (e.g. SevOne, Spectrum, Corvil)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Effective written & verbal communication skills: ability to clearly and concisely communicate with clients, partners, and peers at all level of the organization (external and internal alike)Good fault finding and problem solving skills
Desirable technical skills:
- Previous experience with the following technologies: Cisco Switches and Routers, Juniper Switches and Routers, Nortel/BNT Switches, Blade switches, Arista Switches, Adva DWDM, Cisco WAAS, Wireless technologies.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.