Liabilities Operations Analyst - Grad Hire up to 2 years experience
- £30-40k +bonus +benfits
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Jove International
- 12 Jun 18 2018-06-12
My client is one of the leading life insurers, specialising in bulk annuities and derisive solutions. They provide unique solutions for clients seeking to mitigate financial and longevity risk and are currently looking to hire a smart graduate to join their Operations team in London.
This team is an integral unit at the very heart of the business. With $26.5bn AUM, this firm is a global powerhouse in the pensions and insurance asset management sphere. This is a truly exceptional opportunity for a smart graduate looking for their first step into finance markets.
This role will suit a person who is enthusiastic, ambitious and hard-working, who has a desire to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment, who can work independently as well as being part of a small team, and who is able to communicate effectively and demonstrate initiative. It is key that the candidate understands the role that Operations plays in a financial services firm. The candidate must possess an analytical mind-set where they are able to formulate processes that achieve the required controls. The position available gives the candidate a lot of autonomy and it is important that they are self-driven to deliver against targets whilst managing time and expectations independently.
- Complete a range of daily control activities which include ensuring front to back data flows are accurate, trade capture is correct and payments/funding occur accurately and on time
- Execution and management of lifecycle events such as routine data cleanses.
- Monitor accuracy of liability and reinsurance data being maintained by Third Party Administrators (TPAs) which ultimately drives the P/L for the business. This is to be done through the use of exception reporting.
- Work with our TPAs to ensure operational service is delivered accurately and per SLA. This will involve resolving queries and working with our TPAs to refine and build process improvements
- Work closely with the new business teams to keep up to date with pipeline and ensure operational processes are evolving appropriately
- Reporting of key risk metrics to management.
- Continuous process improvement is key in this growth business and supporting projects and technology change is a function of this role
You will have:
- A minimum of a 2:1 from a top academic institution
- Highly competent excel/ VBA skills
- An analytical mind, enjoy problem solving and driving projects forward
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a team environment, with good communication skills
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.