Life Assurance Actuary – Prudential Risk
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Miryco Consultants Ltd
- 20 Feb 19
We are working with a world-renowned FTSE 100 life assurance business. Based in London, this firm also operates one of the leading asset managers in Europe and is trusted by a range of clients including Financial Institutions, Sovereign wealth funds and institutional pension funds alike. This role will see the successful candidate help shape the review of capital related aspects of the firm, provide effective 2nd line risk oversight of prudential risk and provide actuarial advice for the fund business.
This role is the perfect move up for a recently qualified actuary looking for the next step in their career. The successful candidate will take on the responsibility of providing accurate quantitative advice to the business, leveraging their honed communication skills to recommend actions to senior stakeholders. This is a multi-faceted role in which the successful candidate will provide oversight of 2nd line defense in prudential risk within a globally recognised brand and a key player within the industry life insurance and asset management arm of the business. The role will see the candidate direct and advise on relevant projects from an actuarial perspective so that long-term risks and impacts are fully understood by the business.
- Provide effective 2nd line risk oversight of the management of prudential risk and provide actuarial advice at an appropriate level.
- Use honed communication skills in report writing for senior stakeholders and work closely with other team members to refine risk metrics.
- Direct and advise on relevant projects (e.g. restructuring, acquisitions, regulatory change) from an actuarial perspective so that the long-term actuarial impact is fully understood by the business.
- Help define, review and challenge the enterprise wide risks for the business, making recommendations to risk metrics.
- Be forward looking in order to provide accurate and relevant information to business lines.
- Monitor, review and sign off the implementation of changes to actuarial and other models and assumptions arising from new products, regulatory change or business led initiatives.
- Ensure effective implementation and compliance with both regulatory requirements and group standards
- Newly qualified UK FIA actuary
- Experience of Solvency 2 for life companies
- Strong analytical skill set with ability to critique initiatives
- Experience of formal report writing
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive work ethic
£60,000 - £70,000, Central London
Please note, our client is unable to offer sponsorship for this opportunity. Finally, should you not be contacted within five working days of submitting your application, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the opportunity. We will however, be in touch should there be any other opportunities of potential interest that are suiting to your skills.
For all other roles, please go to www.miryco.com