Linux Support Engineer
DESCRIPTION Are you interested in working with the latest cloud computing technologies and becoming a core part of the largest cloud infrastructure on the planet?
A successful Support Engineer on our team will be customer focused and motivated by both individual and team successes. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while handling a high volume of requests and ambiguity. They will have a keen eye for recognizing inefficiency and show strong initiative to simplify processes for their customers. They will be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • +5 years' experience directly performing Linux systems administration
• +3 years' experience automating manual tasks in a Linux environment
• +2 years' experience working with network fundamentals. (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, routing, switching)
• Ability to lift 25kg of equipment (computers, monitors, etc)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • COMPTIA Security + CE, CASP or CISSP certification
• Ability to participate in on-call rotation with one hour response time to site.
• BA, Computer Science
• Passionate about customers and new technology
• Proven ability to thrive in ambiguous and dynamic work environments
• Track record of independently driving improvements to process, service, or customer experience
• Experience in a customer support environment
• Experience analysing, troubleshooting, and providing solutions for technical issues
• Experience with Clustering, Backup Utilities, Vulnerability Scanners, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring / Troubleshooting tools
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role