Liquidity Client Service Vice President- Investment Management Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defence for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value to our clients. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a world-class team of innovative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point in the Firm interacting with all parts of the business, front to back. The Operations Senior Management team are passionate about our people development and providing best in class employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning, and proactive career management.
Investment Management Operations group supports the equity, fixed income, liquidity and alternative businesses for Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), providing middle-office services including portfolio manager support, client services, portfolio transitions, market registration, product data and performance and attribution analysis. MSIM Operations also provides mutual fund support, derivative processing, and counterparty and credit event management.
The Liquidity Client Services team is a core component of the middle office operations group, providing direct support to the Liquidity Sales/CRM & Product Development teams.
The team is responsible for managing the interaction between the internal business units, service providers and end clients, ultimately supporting the growth of the Morgan Stanley Liquidity Funds (MSLF).
The MSLF is an AAA rated money market fund, including 4 sub-funds, with AUM $25 billion and 300 investors including institutional and distributors.
The role requires extensive liaison across Sales, CRM, Product Development, Compliance, Legal and other Operations teams as well as the external vendor, to facilitate the development and growth of the Liquidity business as well performing managerial responsibilities for the 2 team members.
Specific functions include:
- To provide governance and oversight for the day to day operation of the client services team, providing core supervisory oversight functions.
- Management and development of 2 team members (direct reports to the role)
- Lead, participate and direct resources to deliver day to day (BAU) and project / product development initiatives to support liquidity business
- Key escalation point for Liquidity business
- Vendor management and oversight; ensure governance and oversight for outsourced activities, including monthly, quarterly service review meetings and annual on-site due diligence visit
- Provision of responses for operational elements of client RFP and RFI materials, and participation in client meetings where necessary
- Working in conjunction with the Reporting Services team to facilitate client reporting requirements.
- Internal client data management across relevant systems.
- Coordination of internal and external audit deliverables.
- Ensuring all procedural documentation is up to date and accurate
- Knowledge of Asset Management Operations, preferably in client facing role and/or Transfer Agency services
- Strong knowledge of money market products and specifically European fund legislation and regulation.
- Strong understanding of client types, investment structures and the front to back investment life cycle, including the role of service providers.
- Previous experience in dealing with AML and KYC protocols
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required; candidate must be accomplished in communicating and presenting at all levels, including senior internal and external parties; adapting pitch of communication and providing 'executive summary' communications where appropriate.
- Organisation and Prioritisation - candidate will have proven track record of working with stakeholders to establish priorities, as well as the ability to deliver on multiple initiatives
- Proven track record of process enhancement / risk mitigation
- Proven ability to interact with multiple internal and external stakeholders, whilst adapting communication style to the audience
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Strong team player; willing to work collaboratively and consensually within Operations to achieve goals, and represent Operations with business stakeholders.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.#LI-EC2