Liquidity Planning - Manager/Senior Manager
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
See job description for details
C o mpany Profile
Mo r g a n S ta n l e y i s a l e a d i ng g l o bal f i nan c i al s e rv i c e s f i r m p r o vi d i ng a w i de r a nge of i n v e s t m ent ban k i n g, s e c u r i t i e s , i n v e s t m ent m anage m ent and w e a l t h m anage m ent s e r vi c e s . T he F i r m 's e m p l o y e es s e r v e cl i e n ts w o rl d w i de i n c l u d i n g c o r po r at i on s , g o v e r n m ents and i n d i vi d u a l s f r o m m o r e than 1,2 0 0 o ff i c es i n 4 3 c o u nt r i e s .
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Finance Division reports to the Chief Financial Officer and consists of some 3,000 employees worldwide. Finance protects the Morgan Stanley franchise by serving as guardian of the Firm’s books and records and by contributing to firm wide risk management and risk reduction. This division maintains relationships with Morgan Stanley’s various industry and government regulators and also serves as the conduit of financial information to the outside investment community. Finance plays a critical role as advisor to Morgan Stanley’s various businesses and its senior management team.
Corporate Treasury seeks to optimize shareholder value by providing effective management of Morgan Stanley's liquidity, funding and capital resources working in close partnership with our key internal and external stakeholders. Treasury's policies and strategy are formed, in large part, by the regulatory landscape in which Morgan Stanley currently operates.
As a member of Corporate Treasury, this individual will be supporting mainly the efforts of the EMEA Liquidity Risk Management. The team is responsible for the firm’s Contingency Funding Planning, Liquidity Reserve, liquidity metrics reporting, regulatory requests, and balance sheet liquidity. In addition, this individual will also provide support to other areas of Treasury such as the Treasury Capital Markets team and/ or the Capital Planning team, as required.
It is essential that the candidate has good relationship management skills, and is able to build strong relationships with key Business Unit contacts. The candidate will also have regular and direct interactions with the Global Treasury team, Bank Resource Management, Operations, Financial Control Group, IT and other groups in the business.
· Analysis of liquidity requirements driven by regulatory metrics including the Liquidity Coverage Ratio and the Net Stable Funding Ratio
· Analyse liquidity risk drivers in transactions/businesses across the Firm and recommend mitigating actions. Analysis will include quantitative and qualitative aspects.
· Involvement in the drafting and development of the annual Individual Liquidity Adequacy Assessment Process (ILAAP) which is submitted to the PRA
· Support local regulatory requests from the PRA and other regional regulators including data analysis, liaising with other groups and presentation of findings
· Preparation and analysis of data for various Firm governance committees
· Support/execute ad-hoc requests/inquiries to senior management and aid in decision making process
Participate in the ongoing process improvements and optimization efforts of the Contingency Funding Plan
Research, analyse and recommend solutions around data issues and perform necessary steps to resolve
Build close links with other key stakeholders across Finance, Tax, Legal, Operations and Technology
· Good working knowledge of Corporate Treasury, in particular liquidity and funding risk. Previous working experience in these areas preferred
· Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with teams across both local offices and globally
Strong analytical capabilities, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analysis with clarity and brevity
· Adept at working in a fast-paced, high-energy level environment
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products is required
· Experience with data management preferred
· Experience with Treasury and Funding systems a plus
· Aptitude for detail and a strong commitment to accuracy
· Degree qualification or equivalent
· Post graduate qualification / studying towards: ACT, CFA, ACA, MBA or equivalent beneficial
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.