Liquidity Risk Officer - Risks London - Great Britain
Description of the Business Line or Department
SG International Ltd (SGIL) Risk Department is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and operational effectiveness of a comprehensive framework for identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting SGIL risks. SGIL Risk ensure an independent oversight and challenge of the control framework.
The team can leverage on the SG Group extensive expertise and in particular work very closely with the Group Risk teams located in Paris or closer to the clients when relevant.
SGIL applies a 3 lines of defense risk approach: The Risk Department is part of the second line of defense and ensure that the overall level of risk taken by the firm is consistent with its risk appetite.
The Risk function within SGIL reports directly to the CEO and the Board Risk Committee, as well as functionally to the Group Risk Management. This ensure a complete independence from the commercial activities. Summary of the Key Purposes
The SGIL Liquidity Risk Function owns the Liquidity Risk Management Framework and provides a Second Line of defence (2LOD) oversight of the implementation of the Liquidity Risk Framework by the first Line of Defence.
Summary of responsibilities
- Work across various topics in Secured and Unsecured Funding to support risk capture and representation in the risk framework,
- Engage with Front Office and Treasury to advise on risk taking activities, limit excesses and excess remediation,
- Represent LOD2 Liquidity Risk in various Senior Management Risk and Finance forums and interact with regulators when required,
- Updating and enhancing related liquidity risk policies, as well as contributing to the Individual Liquidity Adequacy Assessment process (ILAAP),
- Develop Liquidity Risk Frameworks and ensure that risk limits within their remit and risk exposures are consistent with the risk appetite and strategy,
- Closing engagement with the business lines in order to build a strong mutual understanding of their liquidity risk drivers and mitigation strategies.
Level of Autonomy and Authority
- Responsibility to adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational and conduct risk requirements (e.g data leakage, security policies and regulatory requirements).
- Adhere to individual and where applicable department conduct rules in accordance with the FCA and PRA Code of Conduct rules
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position and in line with existing policies.
- Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory and statutory bodies, trading venues, etc that are applicable to your role and business line.
- To assist in the self identification of all conduct related issues. Ensure escalation to appropriate stakeholder or function whether internal or external.
- Adhere to business line mandates relevant to the role as directed by your manager
Although the Liquidity Risk Officer will operate under the direct management of the CRO, a high degree of autonomy is expected Profile Required Competencies
Why Join Us
- Familiarity with Liquidity Risk control frameworks and their application within a Finance Institution
- Technical expertise surrounding FCA/PRA regulatory liquidity framework
- Quantitative educational background (academic and professional)
- Advanced abilities in Excel (VBA), Python, Office etc
- Knowledge of liquidity best practices
- Challenges status quo and is eager to grow and learn
- Contribute to a positive and versatile team environment, inspire others and build constructive relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to interact and communicate convincingly at all levels with the key decision makers in a variety of business lines, management and control functions across the bank.
- Ability to be able to work independently on multiple conflicting priorities and under pressure until completion
- Flexible and Adaptable
- Strong analytical skills and an aptitude for numbers with excellent attention to detail
- Solution-focused, service-oriented and proactive
- Team player, proactively shares information and collaborates with others
- Exemplary professional conduct
- Self- motivated, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Capability to prioritize and organize
- Strong senior stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to develop relationships based on trust and professionalism
- Language requirements if applicable are as defined to support the role purpose and coverage areas. (English is the business language for SG)
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or gender reassignment. Business Insight
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's makes us different. It's what make you different.
All our positions are open to people with disabilities
Job code: 190005W6
Business unit: SG CIB
Starting date: Immediate
Date of publication: 24/09/2019