VTB Capital’s goal is to be Russia’s Investment Banking powerhouse. We want to be the firm that is a natural choice for all Russian Investment banking and asset management products. A choice our clients around the world make routinely and with confidence. Our mission is to exceed client expectations by providing first class financial services. To create value for the benefit of our clients and for economic and social progress globally.
Role sits within the Treasury dept. in VTB capital plc and is London based. The successful candidate will be a key member of the Liquidity risk team, reporting directly to the Head of Regulatory Reporting. The Treasury area is a small team within the wider finance function.
The role covers two main areas:
- Daily risk monitoring / reporting of the Bank’s liquidity risk profile vs Risk appetite and Regulatory measures
- Regulatory report preparation and submission according to Bank of England calendar.
This is a business critical role since failure to exhibit correct risk governance in the liquidity space will result in additional costs to the entity plus potential additional liquidity fixed add ons / heightened supervision from the UK PRA.
The breadth of the role requires a candidate to be flexible in their approach whilst still ensuring timely delivery of the core requirements. Given the small size of the team, a collaborative approach to workload will be a key skill. The ability and desire to challenge / streamline current processes are considered key.
- Prepare and cross validate; limit reporting and Regulatory submissions;
- Ensure the Firm’s Liquidity Governance framework is followed consistently, including maintaining appropriate and up-to-date procedures;
- Ensure escalation of limit breaches or emerging issues;
- Develop and maintain active dialogue with the Treasury and trading desks, risk management colleagues, and other support functions regarding liquidity and balance sheet management as well as trading and hedging strategies.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
- Must be able to work to strict timelines for deliverables with a high level of accuracy
- Must be able to work independently and consistently with minimum supervision
- Strong understanding of liquidity risk, including sources and measurement techniques
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting
- Strong IT skills - in particular with MS XL. MS Access and or SQL are useful.
- Thorough knowledge of core banking instruments across a broad product spectrum
What skills would be developed in the role?
- Develop in depth understanding of the liquidity risk impact of trading and hedging strategies, as well as the mitigating strategies employed by the Treasury and ALM functions;
- Involvement in assessment of business drivers of liquidity risk; performing liquidity sensitivity analyses and “what if” analysis to understand liquidity impact of trades and business strategies.
- Involvement in projects to investigate and improve the liquidity risk representation within the liquidity contingency funding plans and stress testing framework, as well as the reporting and limits framework
- Involvement in the bank’s ILAAP, LSREP, LCP and RRP
Typical Decisions taken by Job Holder
- Explaining the application of Regulatory Liquidity Regulations and entity risk limits to business areas.
- Collaborate with line manager to assist with maintenance and evolution of the Liquidity Risk framework.
This job description is dated and is a fair representation of the role that you will carry out for VTB Capital but is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. As with any organization and role, change is inevitable and the role may flex over time. Where this change is material your manager will issue a revised job description in consultation with Human Resources