Loan Administration Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- HSBC Bank plc
- 19 Oct 18
Loan Administration Associate
- The job holder will be responsible for carrying out a host of daily processes in our capacity of lender for LIBOR loans. Effective handling of process related queries and acting as an escalation point for our operational City Offices as well as for Global & Commercial Banking Relationship Mangers/Finance and Origination Teams. To continuously provide high quality client service to achieve maximum customer satisfaction ensuring we place the client at the heart of everything we do which embraces our client centric culture.
- Ensure effective and regular dialogue is in place with our operational teams at City Offices ensuring constant collaboration, sharing of updates and best practices to ensure consistency in performance.
- Responsible for reviewing procedures and related MI with the ability to interpret the information so effective analysis can be performed. To maintain HSBC internal control standards, including the timely implementation of any internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators
Impact on Business
- Ensure that all activities are completed in a timely and cost effective manner, ensuring that time critical deadlines are achieved whilst controlling workflows
- Ensure regular dialogue is in place with ops teams in City Sites in the form of BAU and REC meetings
- Provide ongoing support to operational offshore teams
- Perform the dual control checking in LoanIQ on the deal set up work for new LIBOR loans
- Provide training/guidance to offshore teams to include WebEx sessions
- Review processes and procedures to ensure up to date making recommendations to improve
- Oversee any required ad hoc projects to ensure deadlines are met
- Manage generic mailbox and ensure City Offices mailboxes are managed effectively
- Monitor outstanding cash breaks ensuring historic or large entries are followed up and resolved swiftly
- Monitor Error logs, look for consistent errors, and provide feedback, training and recommendations as appropriate
- Monitoring outstanding Fees to ensure no negative impact to our clients/stakeholders
- Monitor work queues in LoanIQ to ensure Operations are managed within BAU limits
- Monitor queries to ensure kept within agreed TAT
- Review of documentation from an operations perspective on complex transactions
- Confirm complex calculations completed by the operational City Offices
- Escalation point for RMs/CSMs/Finance and the Origination Teams
- Escalation point for Operations teams for complex closings
- The Loan Administration function sits within CTLA which operates in both the Debt Capital Markets and the Bank Debt Market (principally the Syndicated Loan Market) and manages a mix of business generation, documentation, operation, and relationship management/customer interface with a broad spectrum of globally based clients. Regular contact will be maintained with a very wide variety of both internal and external customers in a number of locations. The diversity of both customer and location requires the jobholder to be flexible, proactive and up to date on current market standards and practices.
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to creating a diverse environment.