London - Java Developer
London fintech, using cloud-based tech to help trading firms reduce their costs and enhance their returns, are looking for a Java Developer. Powered by their own cloud-native stack that they built up to make the most out of the cloud's resilience, scalability and security.
They're looking for Java devs with a CompSci background keen to get stuck into a fast-paced start-up environment. Due to the company's small stature, you'll be tasked with many roles to begin with, but with the company's complete transparency, you'll be able to specialize down the line.
Their vision is to become the market standard for capital efficiency, and they are redefining industry expectations by bringing a modern, consumer-grade experience to firms. They'll only achieve this by hiring the strongest engineers who are passionate and are constantly looking to make a difference to the business. The Role
Build the back-end services and calculation libraries to make the product function. You'll predominantly be using Java, Kotlin and Maven. Also become familiar with AWS-based infrastructure.
Engineer the foundations to enable the ability to operate on their hosted services, e.g. data security, market data feeds and the tools to onboard customers and manage their environments.
Support the functionality of the brand, e.g. drilling in calculation results accuracy Requirements
- Java - solid experience and knowledge of the Java foundations, frameworks, memory models & APIs
- Computer science - strong knowledge of the fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and concurrent issues
- Design - object-oriented design and analysis, ability to test, ability to make decisions for design trade-offs
- Business knowledge - experience in capital markets, financial industry awareness, knowledge of risk metrics and trade lifecycles
- Experience in building financial applications for business users
- Health insurance
- Company-funded training
- Stock options
- Travel insurance
If this sounds like an opportunity you'd like to apply for, don't hesitate to contact me: Tom Gardner