M&A Analyst - Corporate Finance
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Houlihan Lokey
- 10 Jul 18 2018-07-10
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a leading global investment bank with extensive expertise in mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, activist shareholder and takeover defense, and related advisory services. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide. Houlihan Lokey is ranked as the No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions, the No. 1 global restructuring advisor, and the No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 20 years, according to Thomson Reuters.
The London M&A team has executed some of the firm’s largest and most complicated M&A transactions during the last five years. We are currently looking to add a Financial Analyst to the team. The team is very lean, consisting of a senior Managing Director, a Vice President, an Associate and Financial Analyst; given the level of expected deal-flow and breadth of transactions, the Financial Analyst is expected to have a significant level of direct responsibility and exposure to clients and senior stakeholders.
The team works across multiple sectors and geographies – the current area of focus is financial technology, looking at M&A and capital raising for fast-growing FinTech businesses across payments, money transfers, financial blockchain and cryptocurrencies.
M&A Financial Analysts work on the purchase and sale of businesses, sometimes the entire company and sometimes a division or subsidiary. These transactions are strategic, high visibility and potentially high risk for the Chairman, CEO and the Board of Directors. This is especially true for companies with public securities.
As a Financial Analyst, you will have the opportunity to:-
- Work directly with talented bankers handling difficult M&A transactions, which require creativity, energy and tenacity
- Work on the targeted effort which finds prospective clients with M&A needs, and turns those prospects into clients with highly satisfactory deal outcomes
- Develop corporate finance and valuation skills relevant to assessing M&A situations and developing deal tactics to optimize the client’s position
- The environment in the M&A team is collegial and entrepreneurial, rewarding M&A analysts with substantial responsibility
On a day to day basis you will
- Build, modify and maintain financial models for M&A transactions and valuation analysis
- Assist in the preparation of materials for marketing; go to external meetings (with senior bankers) and contribute to the discussions
- Work on deal teams - with our clients, their lawyers and accountants; and opposite other investment banks
- Work as an independent member of the deal team with minimal supervision within a short amount of time
Requirements / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess the following:-
- Strong academic record at Bachelor or Masters degree
- Experience as a 1st or 2nd year analyst in an Investment bank or equivalent with a minimum of 6 months full-time M&A deal exposure within developed Markets
- Experience in modelling financial transactions; excellent Excel skills
- Experience in Restructuring, Leverage Finance or Big 4 Corporate Finance also valuable
- Clear thinker with research and analytical abilities; capacity to learn quickly
- Resourceful problem solver with a focus on delivery
- Strong work ethic, organizational skills and ability to multitask is crucial
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff in a rapidly changing, demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment