- Competitive + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goodman Masson
M&A Associate - UK Investment Bank
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Salary: Competitive + bonus
A top UK independent investment bank with a terrific track record of success and an excellent client base is seeking an Associate (any level) due to expansion.
The M&A team is expanding in order to support the strategic ambitions of the growing number and size of Corporate clients across the firm. Future transactions are principally likely to include takeovers for or on behalf of existing clients (executed under the UK Takeover Code), and private (non-Code) transactions for listed clients.
The Associate role includes a mix of execution and client coverage, with direct client-facing responsibilities. You will be:
- Maintaining a regular dialogue with sector teams on existing clients;
- Supporting day-to-day client relationships across a growing portfolio of companies;
- Managing the execution phases of live M&A transactions;
- Developing, analysing and pitching potential transaction ideas;
- Managing workflow and delivery of outputs across the M&A team
- Preparing complex financial and valuation models for potential transactions
- Advising Corporate clients on the Takeover Code (once familiar with – prior knowledge of course welcome)
- Liaising with the relevant regulatory bodies on the behalf of Corporate clients
- Day-to-day liaison with Corporate clients regarding the M&A environment, stock market trends and development
Desired profile, qualifications and knowledge required:
- Likely to be working currently in an M&A / corporate finance role in an integrated investment bank or M&A boutique, having worked in this environment for at least 2-3 years.
- Demonstrable experience of active involvement in every stage of an M&A transaction for UK listed companies.
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree or equivalent from a top University
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong numerical, analytical and project management skills