MFT Configuration Analyst
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: GBP500 - GBP570 per day
- Job Type: Full time
My Client currently requires a Configuration Analyst to join the Integration team within the Delivery division IT. The department support and develop Middleware infrastructure and have recently taken on responsibility for the configuration of data flows using the GoAnywhere Managed File Transfer (MFT) product. The Configuration Analyst must have previous experience developing and supporting significant IT applications.
The Configuration Analyst must have a working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows server, including the ability to install and upgrade software, script and manage configuration files on both. They should have an understanding of networks, network components and TCP/IP. A good knowledge of security principals, such as public/private key architecture, SSL certificates and encryption is required, as is a knowledge of file transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP, SSH. Some knowledge of programming would be useful.
The candidate should have the ability to gather requirements from users, System Administrators, Business Analysts and Architects and transpose those to working solutions within a complex distributed software environment. Be able to clearly document requirements and solutions. Provide daily support to operational Live and UAT Middleware systems; monitoring performance and ensure full and rapid problem resolution.
- Have a good understanding of file transfer methods, security protocols and certificate management.
- Have experience developing application software using MQ and/or Oracle/SQL Server.
- Have a good understanding and familiarity with the full software development life cycle and different software development models.
- Have an understanding of technical architectures.
- Have a level of software testing experience sufficient to take part in test activities including unit testing, system testing and user acceptance test support.
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of professionalism, organisation, self-motivation and a desire for self-improvement.
- Be able to analyse business requirements.
- Have an understanding of good team practice and the ability to work with others sharing knowledge/experience when appropriate.
- Have good interpersonal communication skills with an ability to interpret and present information to a variety of recipients using suitable modes of communication.
- Have the ability to create concise, informative technical documentation.
- Demonstrate the desire and ability to seek up to date information from elsewhere and apply this in relation to design, development, support and management activities.
- Have the ability to form relationships with business users and demonstrate an understanding of business processes.
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.