Based in Surrey and reporting directly to the CRO, duties will include:
• As MLRO, provide appropriate expertise and guidance to the business ensuring all levels of staff are aware of their AML obligations.
• Develop and maintain detailed knowledge of appropriate legislation, regulations and guidance published by the UK, EU and other regulatory bodies;
• Act as the nominated officer for the purpose of receiving and making suspicious activity reports
• Liaise with regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies as necessary;
• Support and communicate with the compliance department and other business areas in their objectives to rollout systems and/or instructions and follow them up to ensure implementation;
• Develop robust, user friendly systems & controls, instructions and guidance that will assist branches and other entities in their objectives to build and maintain a business with high levels of operational rigour, and which comply with all regulatory obligations;
• Preparation of AML reports for management and group reporting
• Support the Financial Crime Prevention Analysts and Officers in assessing potential anti-money laundering matches, such as Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons and adverse media checking;
• Ensure anti-money laundering training developed so everyone in the business receives training which meets regulatory requirements
The successful candidate will have either been an MLRO for a similar commercial/corporate banking business or may be a deputy MLRO looking for their first role as the registered SMF17. You must be able to demonstrate detailed and current knowledge of AML policies & procedures specifically within the banking sector and while an understanding of current and future proposed regulatory requirements is required as important will be your ability to work independently and handle cases that require extremely high levels of discretion.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing and ambitious UK bank in a role that will be challenging and rewarding and allow you to interact at the highest levels throughout. So if you would like to work for a business that puts its customers central to all they do and you believe that you have the leadership and strong decision making skills, together with and enquiring analytical mind-set and a strong work ethic then please call Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 for a confidential discussion about this position or send your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.