MLRO (SMF17) - Private Banking
- £100,000 - £120,000 + Package
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- MERJE Ltd
- 18 May 18 2018-05-18
A long established and highly regarded UK authorised private bank are seeking to hire their first dedicated MLRO (SMF17).
A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced individual to take a newly created MLRO opportunity with a highly reputable Private Banking organisation with a European footprint.
The role is a Senior Manager role under the SMCR, and you are subject to both the PRA / FCA Individual, and Senior Manager Conduct rules.
You will be responsible for managing an effective Financial Crime department and embedding the newly created dedicated function within the business.
The organisation operates within international markets and therefore there is a strong requirement to have worked within an international environment (EMEA).
- A deep understanding of Money Laundering within a wealth management, private banking environment, and the subsequent benefits from such implementation
- Motivates/inspires the team and its members to perform and add value to the broader firm
- Confident and comfortable communicating with teams and individuals across all hierarchical levels e.g. Team members, Directors, Board.
- Experience of having worked in both large and small institutions and comfortable in working with little supervision and taking ownership and responsibility, within a smaller organisation.
- Experience of working for an international business and have international (EMEA) exposure.
- You will hold the CF11/SMF17 position
- Chair the Client Acceptance Committee