- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 20 Mar 18
MOD - Corporate Action Analyst
We currently have a position available within Corporate Actions team, positioned locally in London and sitting closely to the Traders. The suitable applicant should be enthusiastic, flexible, competent under time pressure and is able to demonstrate
We currently have a position available within Corporate Actions team , positioned locally in London and sitting closely to the Traders. The suitable applicant should be enthusiastic, flexible, competent under time pressure and is able to demonstrate initiative in a challenging and varied role.
- the end-to-end corporate action event life cycle across non-cash and elective events for all equity and fixed income securities traded by the bank
- withholding tax and associated internal reporting obligations
- processing trading desks and clients elections, entitlements and counterparty claims
- interacting and responding to queries from traders, middle-office, finance and custodians
- Provide CA expertise to traders
- Tertiary qualifications in a business related degree.
- At least 1-2 years of Corporate Actions experience.
- Candidates must have specific experience in equity markets
- Solid understanding of operational risk.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
- Excellent Excel Skills (advance macro level and above preferably)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships, while working independently in a high pressured environment
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to challenge existing processes and implement process improvement.
- A flexible and pro-active approach.
Aptitude for new and varied systems. The Corporate Operations Group (COG) brings together specialist support services including workplace, human resources, market operations and technology. COG's purpose is to drive operational excellence through business-aligned services with a focus on quality, cost and risk. COG comprises the following divisions: Business Improvement and Strategy, Business Services, Human Resources, Market Operations, and Technology.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.