MSFS - Client Account Manager - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Mar 18 2018-03-18
See job description for details
MSFS - Client Account Manager - Associate (3106256)
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
An opportunity has arisen within Morgan Stanley Fund Services (MSFS) for Client Account Managers. MSFS provides fund administration business to Hedge Fund clients. The Client Account Manager role has a direct impact on the success of the business; you will serve as the primary contact to hedge fund clients. The position requires strong communication, hedge fund accounting and relationship management skills together with in-depth industry experience.
• Primary daily point of contact for Hedge Fund clients based through-out EMEA
• Accountable for client satisfaction and service experience with the organization
• Assist transition team with client fund launches, conversions, fund growth, liquidations and unwinds
• Review and understand organizational and governing documents of the funds – e.g. fund offering documents
• Ensure compliance with daily fund accounting procedures and controls
• Perform detailed review and coordinate valuation signoff process with relevant accounting colleagues in other global locations prior to distribution to clients
• Coordinate investor reporting with Investor Services team
• Coordinate year end audit with client and fund’s independent auditors
• Idea generation and ongoing assessment and improvement of the operational service model
• Integration with global colleagues to ensure standard operating practice
• Deliver a premium global hedge fund administration service
• You will be Bachelors of Commerce degree qualified and having an MBA (Finance) is preferred, with extensive hedge fund accounting experience
• Experience gained from asset manager, fund administrator, public accountancy firm, prime broker or securities servicing firm
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• You will have extensive knowledge of hedge fund and hedge fund investor level accounting including share based class/series and equalization and partnership accounting.
• Strong understanding of hedge fund structures, fee calculations, trading strategies, documentation and financial instruments
• Strong knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IFRS
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Understanding client needs and requirements and ability to trouble-shoot and problem solve
• Ability to find opportunities to utilize / use firm resources to achieve client satisfaction
• Ability to deal with all levels of a client’s organization and across our firm's large support structure
• Ability to handle pressure effectively
• Execute sound judgment on advancing risk
• Ability to communicate effectively across cultures
• Strong organizational skills
The salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 28/03/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.