Machine Learning Researcher
- Market related GBP
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- GQR Global Markets
- 31 Aug 18 2018-08-31
Deep Learning Engineer to develop quant trading strategies at multi billion dollar hedge fund.
The Machine Learning group is expanding and we are looking for an experienced Deep Learning Researcher. They are specifically interested in Deep Learning machine learning techniques (both unsupervised & supervised), neural networks (Artificial Neural Networks, Convolutional Neural Networks, Recurrent neural network) or natural language processing techniques (NLP).
You will help to build the trading systems of the future by discovering and modelling predictable structure in vast collections of financial market and non-financial data, both structured and unstructured.
The role will involve research and analysis of extensive and varied data sets from both global financial markets and non-financial market sources; developing robust forecasting models using a portfolio of machine learning and other signal processing, statistical and econometric techniques; applying these in the development and implementation of new trading, execution, risk management and portfolio construction applications.
- PhD or PhD candidate in machine learning, computer science, statistics, or a related field.
- Substantial deep learning research experience in an area such as computer vision, natural language processing or generic machine learning
- Practical, "hands-on" experience in one or more deep learning technologies such as ANNs, CNNs, RNNs, and LSTMs
- Superb analytical and quantitative skills, along with a healthy streak of creativity.
- A leader within the research field shown with peer reviewed publications such as with IEEE
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research utilizing large data sets.
- Passion for seeing research through from initial conception to eventual application.
- Curiosity about financial markets.
- Strong scientific programming in Python, R or Matlab.