Macro Strategy and Reporting Lead
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Alquity Investment Management Limited
- 28 Feb 18 2018-02-28
The Macro Strategy and Reporting Lead will be responsible for the origination and production of macroeconomic analysis and investment related communications. Working alongside the Portfolio Managers and the sales team, the role will involve the proactive research and delivery of high quality content encompassing macroeconomic research to inform portfolio construction, marketing publications, client reporting and wider sales materials. We’re looking for a high calibre individual with exceptional written English skills who will excel in a fast moving, dynamic business. There is scope for the right individual to make a major impact on the future growth of the firm.
We are an asset management business that connects investors to their investments and to social progress in order to deliver better financial outcomes for all.
Our funds target attractive returns, defined as risk-adjusted performance in the top quartile of our peer group and ahead of relevant market indices over the long-term (3-5 years), via a high conviction, fundamentally driven process.
This approach emphasises not only financial analysis, but also material non-financial factors, which incorporates forward-looking ESG analysis to assess management capability and values. This results in portfolios that play long-term themes via transparent companies, with effective management who are aligned with shareholders.
Further, at the corporate level we reinforce that social progress should drive financial success by donating a minimum of 10% of our management fees to development projects in the regions in which we invest. In this way, our business aligns the values of investors, employees, holdings and communities.
We believe these shared investment values are key to achieving enduring financial success.
• Analysis of global, regional or country level macroeconomics to produce on-going reports and recommendations for the investment team. This will incorporate the production, management and collation of the Alquity weekly macroeconomic update for clients and internal use.
• Production of investment related market insights and other materials to support marketing communications and build the Alquity and SGF (part of Alquity Group) brands across key client segments.
• On time production of bespoke client reporting in accordance with mandate requirements.
• Supporting the sales team with ad hoc client requests, pitch preparation and RFP responses.
• Regular review and refresh of Alquity fund and general presentations to ensure current and focused on strongest messages.
• Strong communication skills. Exceptional written communication with a high level of grammar.
• Strong technical macroeconomic and investment knowledge and understanding of investor priorities.
• Exceptional attention to detail to ensure accuracy and reliable quality of work under pressure.
• Proactive self-starter with ability to work independently and take initiative to drive marketing communication.
• Advanced user of Excel (including statistical analysis, data cleansing, pivot tables and coding), Bloomberg and other analytical software packages.
• Rigorous organisational skills to manage multiple projects, hit deadlines and ability to adapt to changing priorities.
o Journalism or other written communication experience
Key Benefits of the Role
• An incredible, fascinating & unique chance to use your skills, expertise, energy & passion to truly change people’s lives.
• An opportunity to join an entrepreneurial and challenging business as a key player in the investment team that will drive the business’s future growth.
• You will enjoy a level of autonomy to express your full potential that would be unsurpassed in any other organisation but also be a part of a highly skilled, motivated and supportive team.
How to apply
Please write to us explaining on 1 sheet of A4 paper, why you want to work for Alquity and how you are a perfect fit for the role. Please also send your CV but please note that your letter will be assessed before your CV. Send applications to email@example.com