Major Insurer (Corporate Development) - Analyst 2-Associate 1 grade bankers
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Salary: Very competitive
A global and major insurer is expanding it's London based M&A team and is keen to recruit an Analyst 2, Analyst 3 or Associate 1 grade FIG / Insurance Investment Banker.
My client is seeking a candidate with a background of FIG M&A and with large investment bank training.
This is an exciting opportunity to accelerate your career by gaining exposure to the Group Executive and senior leaders across corporate centre and the business. You will work a diverse range of projects, which are allocated balancing the firm's priorities and your development needs and interests. The role is based in London with travel as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
We are looking for someone able to work alongside more senior members of the team to manage and contribute to a diverse range of projects in areas such as M&A and Investor Relations.
Projects could include: financial analysis and project management on acquisitions / disposals, exploring digital investment opportunities, supporting new debt or equity issuance etc.
· Experience of experience as an M&A analyst in a bulge bracket investment bank, in in Financial Institutions Group, ideally in the insurance sector
· Degree in economics or finance and / or accounting or actuarial qualification helpful
· Knowledge and strong curiosity in Fintech / Digital
· Added advantage if multi-lingual
· Strong financial, technical and analytical skills, with an understanding of corporate finance concepts (such as discounted cashflow forecasts (DCFs), discount rate, net present value etc)
· Excellent written communication and presentation skills
· Strong commercial ability with sound business judgement
· Good leadership and social skills, with the ability to bring people with you and deliver through others
· Ability to communicate, challenge and influence at a senior level, handling key stakeholders and ensuring business needs are met
· Ability to handle own workload and deliver to deadlines, move fluidly across topics at pace, and balance multiple and conflicting priorities
· Comfortable working in an environment which has high expectations and challenge