- £130 - £180 per day, depending on experience
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Temporary, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 12 Jul 18 2018-07-12
Our client, a central London based Private Equity firm is seeking a Management Accountant to cover maternity leave. This would suit a candidate with previous management accounting experience or bookkeeping experience within the private equity sector, who would like the opportunity to step up. The contract is likely to last between 6 and 12 months.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the corporate entities.
- Responsibility for journal entries and keeping the general ledger tidy.
- Responsibility for cash reconciliation, prepayments and accruals, fixed assets and depreciation.
- Processing of all supplier invoices and staff expenses and arranging for their authorisation and timely payment by BACS.
- Preparation & issue of regular and ad-hoc invoices and follow-up their settlement via direct debit, electronic payment or by cheque.
- Dealing with auditors during the annual audit.
- Assistance in dealing with internal and external (investor) queries
- Work closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Partner, together with the Fund Accounting team, and assist in dealing with auditors, bankers, tax advisors and investors.
- Previous experience within private equity or a similar industry.
- Previous management accounting experience or the ability and willingness to step up from an assistant or bookkeeping role.
- Likely to be studying towards an accounting qualification.
- "Hands-on" approach, with the ability to work well in a relatively small team.
- Strong communication skills.