Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is a wholly owned subsidiary of the Hearst Corporation.
Fitch are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws. The role:
The Finance Department in London is a team of around 70 members in an open plan environment with responsibility for all financial and accounting requirements of the Fitch Group's UK and certain European entities. In addition, it has responsibility for oversight and consolidation of Fitch's other entities in EMEA, Asia Pacific and Latin America.
Fitch is seeking qualified or part qualified (final level) management accountant with several years practical experience who would have responsibility for maintaining the accounting books and records of the UK operations and for certain European subsidiaries, on the Group's SAP accounting system. In addition, the role will be hands on and work with other management accountants in assisting and participate fully in the timely completion of all aspects of the monthly management accounts process for the Fitch Group. Hence responsibilities would include:
- entries into and maintenance of the general ledger, including all aspects of month end close;
- review and analysis of monthly results;
- reconciliation of and maintaining support for balance sheet accounts;
- production and distribution of monthly reports;
- liaison with local external advisors in respect of VAT and payroll entries and filings;
- liaison with auditors in respect of the preparation and finalisation of audited annual financial statements; and
- ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Essential behavioural attributes:
- qualified or part qualified ( final stage) management accountant, with good relevant experience
- knowledge of International GAAP would be beneficial
- well-developed communication skills, verbal and written
- demonstrable track record of success in a large finance team
- good excel skills
- knowledge of SAP or similar accounting systems, including reporting packages
- knowledge and experience of SOX compliance would be beneficial, although not essential
- English language ability essential, further European language preferable
Hours of work:
- self-motivated, self-reliant and with a hands on approach
- attention to detail
- contributes well in cross-functional teams
- self-organised, committed to meet business needs and timelines, able to work flexibly where required
- mature self-awareness, confident to liaise with colleagues at other group entities and outside own department as required
- personal style to interact effectively with people at all levels in different countries and cultures
- proactive, contributing ideas to enhance all relevant systems and processes
9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (37.5 hours per week)
Flexibility required, including additional hours as appropriate to meet reporting deadlines Location:
30 North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London #li-ac1
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer that employs people across the full spectrum of society. Fitch works hard to create a workplace with an emphasis on inclusion, innovation and merit. By valuing diversity and equality in our workplace, we believe it adds strength to our business.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .