Management Accountant - Energy Asset Management TeamOverview
The role is for a management accountant who will be responsible for all financial aspects of our reserve power portfolio (18 operational site & 7 in construction). The role sits within the Octopus Energy Asset Management team, which is responsible for the management of c£2.6bn of energy assets.
The finance function for this portfolio is managed in house using the accounting systems SUN & Vision.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with 1-2 years' post qualification experience either in industry or practice.
The candidate will sit within the thermal team within the OEAM team which currently consists of 10 people. They will report into a finance manager.
- Ownership of the finance function for a portfolio of 48 companies
- Monthly management account preparation, review and presentation to stakeholders of monthly performance against budget (including consolidations)
- Statutory reporting (managing audit for the portfolio, corporation tax review, VAT return review)
- Be a valued business partner and build and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Identify system improvements and take ownership of driving change across the team.
- Detailed cash flow forecasting for both sites in construction and operational assets.
- Assisting in the valuation process for the portfolio
- Qualified accountant with 1-2 years' post qualification experience either in industry or practice.
- Ability to manage a number of different customers at once and react to ever changing demands.
- Core understanding of all accounting principles (accruals, prepayments, capital allowances, statutory account preparation)
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing demands
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Must be curious and seek to learn and improve whilst instilling automated and digital solutions wherever appropriate