Management Accountant (3 - 6 Month Contract)
- £300 - £350 per day
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Temporary, Full time
- Walker Hamill
- 13 Jul 18 2018-07-13
Our client, a leading mid-market Private Equity firm, is seeking a Management Accountant for a 3 - 6 month period. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with 2-5 years PQE preferably within Investment Management. An immediate start is required.
- Prepare month end management accounts and reports including financial information, commentary on budgetary variances and other non-financial data.
- Prepare month end balance sheet reconciliations including purchase, sales and nominal ledgers.
- Assist with annual budgeting and reforecasting processes.
- Prepare quarterly regulatory reporting requirements including VAT, FCA and National Statistics returns.
- Assist with the preparation of annual audit files for statutory auditors and preparation of statutory accounts for various entities.
- Maintain records of the co-investments in the funds.
- Supervise the corporate credit card and out-of-pocket expense process.
- Supervise fortnightly UK and offshore payment runs and input of sales and purchase invoices.
- Supervise operational cash balances to ensure adequate funding of payment runs, monthly direct debits and ad hoc payments reconciliations.
- Supervise the accounts receivable function including quarterly director fee billing, management fee billing, deal fee billing and other ad hoc billing.
- Assist with the preparation of data for annual insurance process.
- Prepare monthly payroll.
- Degree educated with strong academics.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified.
- 2 - 5 years PQE with experience working in the Financial Services sector, preferably in Investment Management.
- Highly organised and able to manage multiple work streams.
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines.
- Ability to work with a large degree of autonomy and to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/