Management Accountant (Asset management)
- Competitive (excellent annual bonus)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Nelson Scott LLP
- 05 Oct 18
Reporting to the Company Secretary and Head of Operations, the main purpose of this role is to be responsible for the financial and management accounting of the Group companies.
- Financial accounting
- Prepare year-end statutory accounts for audit by external auditors.
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure audit of statutory accounts is completed and signed off prior to board meeting and AGM is a timely manner.
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure CASS audit is completed and signed off prior to board meeting and AGM in a timely manner.
- Prepare statutory accounts and provide full supporting documentation for tax advisors to enable calculation of tax figures for inclusion in statutory accounts.
- Prepare management accounts and provide full supporting documentation for tax advisors to enable calculation of quarterly tax figure to be paid to HMRC.
- Produce regulatory financial reporting (FCA) in line with the Regulators’ timetable
- Management accounting
- Produce monthly management accounts including Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet along with appropriate variance analysis for presentation at monthly management committee meetings
- Monitor the Company’s capital adequacy.
- Produce periodic reports for Head Office and complete Head Office financial returns.
- Monitor currency position and liaise with MD & CEO with a view to either hedging or selling currency.
- Prepare monthly report for expatriate taxable expenses for monthly payroll, to be received by 5th working day of each month
- General accounting/Expense Management
- Raise client invoices and monitor receipt of funds.
- Ensure expenses are properly authorised. Expenses must be signed off by the person submitting the claim and authorised for payment following the strict authorities and expense claim rules.
- Appropriately code the invoice for entry into the accounting system.
- Process invoices into the company’s payments system.
- Record payment of invoices into the accounting system.
- Reconcile all debtor and creditor accounts.
- Risk and control
- Assess the operational risk involved in the finance function and report to the Operational Risk Officer.
- Maintain and update the internal rules and manuals as required for any impact upon the accounting and forward for approval at the management committee meetings.
Qualifications, skills and competencies
Qualifications: Graduate with Degree in Management Accounting preferred. CIMA or ACCA qualification preferred.
Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Management / Financial Accountant.
Strategic Planning and Thinking
Plans for the long term whilst balancing the short term needs of the business and customer interests where appropriate. The ability to analyse the Company’s competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers (internal and external), and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors.
Ability to control and accurately record income and expenses, issuing invoices, credit control and performing reconciliations.
Ability to produce and analyse monthly management accounts. Production of year end statutory accounts in line with appropriate UK accounting regulations.
Knowledge of Head Office policy and procedure
Understanding of Head Office financial reporting requirements. Knowledge of Head Office requirements on expense policies.
Tax and VAT knowledge
Basic knowledge of preparing Corporation Tax data to send to external consultants. Appropriate knowledge of VAT regulation particularly in respect to fund management activities.
Attention to Detail
Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organises time and resources efficiently.
Communicates clearly, both verbally and in writing. Demonstrates good listening skills and uses appropriate language and terminology. Speaks in a manner that will be understood, is courteous, and effective to ensure others are informed and current. Is considerate of the communication skills of others.