A market-leading executing broker client of ours based in London is looking for a recently qualified Management Accountant to join their finance team ASAP. The firm is looking for an experienced individual to act as a financial / management accountant for its Global Finance team based in London, with responsibility covering multiple different legal entities globally resulting in a consolidation at the holding company. The successful candidate will own and manage the day to day activities of the accounting and work closely with the FC and other senior managers on financial matters affecting the business.
The role is in a fast paced environment and will suit a self-starter who is comfortable with managing a small team but can work autonomously as and when required.
Main responsibilities include:
- Reporting to the Global FC
- Supporting with the preparation of the day-to-day accounting and month-end close processes
- Production of monthly management reports and commentary to the board
- Prepare regulatory capital returns monthly and supporting ICAAP process
- Reconciliation of movement on prime broker accounts for purposes of monthly booking of revenues and fees for FX and Swaps business to the ledger
- Monthly corporation tax provisions
- Payroll journal reconciliation
- Year-end financial statement preparation
- Ad hoc support for accounts payable
- Liaising with auditors including responding to routine queries, audits
Candidates who have short notice periods or who are immediately available will be ideal. Having good level of accounting competence (expected to be qualified accountant, audit background would be ideal). (ACA/CIMA/ACCA)
Having worked in a Financial Services firm, and some exposure to regulatory capital and products, would be desirable but not essential.