Manager/Senior Manager, Solution Architect, Deloitte Digital, Consulting, London
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Are you excited by the idea of working as part of a dynamic, forward-thinking team?
Do you wish to bring public sector services to life, affordably and efficiently, by harnessing disruptive potential and digital technologies, so you can put the citizens, communities, workers and businesses you serve at the heart of progress?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. The Role
Solution architect- you are a craftsman who is passionate about technology and how it enables our customers' business to function efficiently and effectively. You will translate business problems and customer needs into solution designs; as well as bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Produce solution designs that align to the customer's IT strategy and meets business needs. You can create, refine and challenge patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements;
- Understand the client's strategy and purpose, working closely with client's architecture team to define, analyse and execute the target architecture for the project;
- Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule;
- Present at architecture governance forums, presenting a solution design that meets the needs of the business and their customers
- Perform evaluations of architecture design submissions through architecture governance forums for compliance including identifying and documenting dispensations, key design decisions, and capability gaps.
- Develop a view of various architecture domains covering applications, information, security and infrastructure working with other specialists, and to develop a roadmap to achieve the target with any transition states (where applicable)
- Make and guide effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached;
- Write clear technical documentation and being able to tailor it based on audience;
- Experience and willingness to contribute to sales and future opportunities for the firm;
- Be an active member of the architecture craft community and contribute to the internal practice development through coaching and mentoring;
- Be able to manage conflict resolution
- Manage risks and issues related to architecture by working closely with other team members to resolve them in-time without impacting delivery schedule.
- Provide technical leadership in supporting project teams through GDS Assessments.
You'll be based in our airy and bustling offices in Clerkenwell, London and also work with clients throughout UK and beyond.
This is a permanent role. We encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility, please do discuss with us. Requirements
- Experience of performing the role of a Technical Architect in a regulated industry;
- Prior Experience of code development and or design in an enterprise class language (Java, .net etc).
- Architecture and Design experience of web/mobile enterprise applications using proprietary and open-source frameworks;
- Well-versed with industry software trends, and be able to find the most appropriate industry patterns and standards for each solution;
- Proven Experience in delivering cloud-native applications on hybrid/ public cloud e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP;
- Working knowledge of modern architecture patterns e.g., microservices, data platform, their suitability, complexities and alternatives;
- Good understanding of DevOps processes facilitating Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery pipelines, with experience of supporting go-live & post-live activities;
- Experience of client facing roles where you have built relationships with stakeholders, conducted workshops and ability to influence others through persuasive communication;
- Ability to work independently and manage a team, with a focus on continuous improvement;
- Demonstrable production of high quality written and visual material to communicate complex concepts and logical solutions for technical and non-technical audiences;
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte Digital?
- Prior experience working with Public Sector services in UK, building/implementing solutions as per GDS guidelines and principles;
- Solution design with CRM platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Dynamics)
- Experience in delivering end-to-end software delivery lifecycle, using agile delivery methods via multi-disciplinary teams;
- Evidence of contributions to open source community or speaking at external conferences;
- Previous experience at Digital Agency, Consultancy, System Integrator;
- SC Cleared or eligible for it.
Forecast and change the landscape of cyberspace, support clients to survive and prosper in this disruptive and ever increasingly digital age, while you support talented and more junior colleagues and impact the communities you operate within. You are here: Deloitte Digital, Consulting
Part Business. Part Creative. Part Technology. One hundred per cent digital.
We're a new type of creative digital consultancy that fuses strategy, tech and design to identify where businesses need to be, then get them there. Fast.
Through our studios spread across the globe, we help our clients imagine, deliver and run the future, through from customer research right through to implementation. And we love doing it.
As part of our team, you'll work side by side with strategists, designers, researchers, engineers, writers, architects and product specialists - using your unique skills and perspective to help drive transformation from operational level to the C-suite, across a complete range of digital channels.
We believe in our people, which means giving them the support they need to get the best balance of work and life. Individuality, flexibility, diversity are things we're passionate about. We wouldn't be Deloitte Digital without it.
As part of our Consulting practice, your career with Deloitte Digital can take multiple paths. We will work closely with you on a career plan that fits your skills, talents and aspirations, and provide an open environment to discuss your development and progression with Deloitte. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BACTEC BADIGI CFTECH
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2019 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 176153