Manager – FX & MI Reporting
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Aston Carter Ltd
- 17 Jan 18 2018-01-17
My client a leading financial provider, are looking for an effective MI Controller to form part of the team responsible for the P&L MI reporting and the management, control and MI of the FX Exposure.
- • Working within a small team, the individual part of the team responsible for the daily and monthly consolidated p&l reporting including the production of flash p&ls
- Running the weekly p&l meeting
- Management and reporting of the division’s FX Exposure including the production of the monthly COREP report.
- Ownership of the daily FX Exposure process for the Treasury Oracle ledge
- Involved in the hedging of divisional FX Exposure and the FX exposure of foreign subsidiaries.
- Develop & produce MI and KPI for management reporting purposes as well as for sharing with our internal clients – the MI may range from breaks summary to fair value hierarchy analysis.
- Refine these MI and KPI over time as the business evolves
• Qualified Accountant with 2+ years post qualification experience.
• Detailed working knowledge of the Treasury Oracle and SAP general ledgers and Business Objects.
• A working understanding of financial products (specifically Foreign Exchange, interest rate derivatives and securities), product lifecycle events, how to accounted for these products and key controls supporting these products.
• Knowledge of currency exposure reporting in addition to regulatory disclosure and reporting requirements surrounding currency exposure.
• An understanding of the impact of hedge accounting on currency exposure. • Working knowledge of IFRS9 with experience of FVTPL, FVTOCI, Amortised Cost categories (working knowledge of IAS 39 would be sufficient).
• An understanding of the concept of Net interest Income (NII), Net Present Value, Mark to Market and risk reporting (VaR) would be an advantage.
• Systems skills should include: o Oracle, SAP B/W, Business Objects query skills o Summit (or equivalent trading platforms); o Business Objects (of equivalent ledger query tools)
• The ability to take large volumes of data, from a raw state and rationalise this in an efficient and effective manner, to underpin analysis and decision making.
• Evaluation / Analytical skills, to quickly identify issues and ensure the correct remedial action or escalation, closing all issues quickly and effectively ensuring that all supporting documentation is completed to underpin conclusions
. • Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, the ability to readily understand the issues, get their point across, and communicate clearly and effectively
. • A Self motivated individual / results driven who will pursue a task to its conclusion without the need for constant supervision
• The ability to analyse complex debt structures and readily evaluate for the desk.