- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
Manager - Financial Planning & Analysis
Location: London, England, United KingdomRole objective:
Provide actionable business and financial analysis required to help Ratings and Research leaders effectively manage their business.
- Lead the management of Business Planning deliverables related to the Global Ratings & Research Support and EMEA Ratings & Research businesses, including a wide range of coordination with other teams
- Work directly with Ratings & Research and Ratings & Research Support Sr. Management team as needed to communicate results and relevant analysis, while also working to identify future capacity projections
- Prepare financial reporting and presentations for Senior Management and highlight performance drivers
- Manage and coordinate annual operating plan and quarterly forecast for functional groups within the Ratings & Research Support and EMEA Ratings & Research businesses
- Support resource planning and analysis by maintaining resource models
- Create consolidated analytics for supported businesses, including P&L commentary that takes into account both revenue and expense performance, as well as underlying business drivers
- Own expense variance analysis process and business modelling for relevant areas
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues in the Business Planning team to ensure accurate and timely output as well as a consistent planning approach
- Provide assistance in ad-hoc / special projects as required
Business Planning supports the senior management team by managing financial aspects of the business to help plan and achieve its objectives.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Significant relevant financial experience with planning and analysis processes
- Experience in working with senior leaders on financial planning and/or reporting
- MBA and/or relevant professional qualifications a plus
Critical Skills and Attributes
- Proven capability of quickly learning complex concepts
- Able to present analysis to Management in a clear and concise manner
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- High analytical maturity and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in an efficient manner
- Highly proficient in verbal and written communication.
- Working knowledge of multidimensional reporting applications (e.g. Hyperion SmartView).
- Ability to synthesize and reconcile data from multiple sources and present to a professional standard.
- Energetic, progressive approach to the role, and a willing participant in continual process enhancement.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.