Manager - Financial Reporting
Manager - Financial Reporting
Reference number: 1900005565
Opening date for applications: 25 July 2019
Closing date for applications: 23 August 2019 The Role Responsibilities
The role is part of the UK Finance department which is responsible for all financial and management reporting for the region including supporting the various business heads, the Regional CEO and all the Group functions and business teams across our Global footprint to understand, manage and drive the complex business and operations within Europe. Our presence in Europe is key to connecting our footprint markets of Asia, Africa and the Middle East with the West through offering global support as the centre of excellence for product and segment teams.
This role is within the UK Country Finance team which is responsible for ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the legal entity books and records for the UK businesses - Financial Markets, Lending, Transaction Banking, Private Banking and Corporate Finance products.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring an effective system of internal financial controls are in place to control the UK Business.
- Ensuring financial/fiduciary reporting obligations are met on time and to a high quality
- Applying Group accounting policies, standards, procedures and internal control practices across the main UK entity
Based in London, reporting to The Head of Financial Reporting, UK Business, the role includes the following: Relationship Management
Operational Controls Management
- Establish partnership relationship with peer group across the Standard Chartered Bank network.
- Coordinate with all relevant business partners, i.e. GFS, CIB Finance, Product Control, GFD, UK and Group Taxation on key processes/activities
- Liaison with GFD regarding new IFRS instructions, group reporting, and resolution of queries subsequent to packs submission.
- Develop good working relationships with external and internal audit teams
- Participate in country and business projects when required.
- Display role model behaviours and build credibility through demonstration of SCB's values; courageous, responsive, international, creative and trustworthy.
- Ensure necessary financial processes and controls are in place to ensure reporting of revenue, cost and balance-sheet is timely and accurate for Loans, Deposits, Derivatives, Contingents and Interest booked in the UK using UK general ledgers as the primary source
- Ensure full reconciliation between • Bachelor degree level education or equivalent, MBA not essential but highly preferred
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - (ACCA) Member
• Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner certified
• Proven ability in financial and management accounting
• Working knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP
• Current theoretical and practical knowledge of IFRS and its implications on reporting
• Experience and ability in managing staff both locally and remotely is essential
• Practical experience with reporting systems and tools is desirable is essential
• A self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to set and manage their own agenda with the overall UK Country Finance Agenda
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to drive change effectively with staff of all levels
management, financial and statutory reporting packs
- Ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and practices, Group Accounting Manual and other regulatory accounting guidelines.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a standardised financial reporting and controls structure in the UK.
- Challenging current practices and procedures and developing and implementing effective changes.
- Thorough review for the reports/analysis prepared by GFS
- Review substantiation of Intercompany accruals and other reporting adjustments.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ability to explain movements in financial balances clearly and succinctly demonstrating an understanding of the underlying UK unit function.
- Be able to track major transactions through the TPs to the G/L
- Bachelor degree level education or equivalent, MBA not essential but highly preferred
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants - (ACCA) Member
- Prince2 Foundation and Practitioner certified
- Proven ability in financial and management accounting
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP
- Current theoretical and practical knowledge of IFRS and its implications on reporting
- Experience and ability in managing staff both locally and remotely is essential
- Practical experience with reporting systems and tools is desirable is essential
- A self-starter and creative thinker with the ability to set and manage their own agenda with the overall UK Country Finance Agenda
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to drive change effectively with staff of all levels
If you're ready to take on your next challenge, apply now.