Entrepreneurial and well-positioned European Real Estate Investment firm seeks an experienced Fund Controller for a newly created role. The company are a boutique firm in London and a recent deal activity necessitates the hire. They have evolved organically with the CFO keen to hire a right-hand person who can manage and lead the existing fund finance team through a period of sustained growth and change. Your role will involve:
- Management, leadership and development of the existing fund accounting team including responsibility for all training and recruitment.
- Oversight of the fund finance deliverables and reporting schedules including sign off on final accounts for a range of onshore/offshore structures.
- Liaison with all relevant third parties - lawyers, auditors, tax advisors.
- Co-ordination of funds valuation process and liaison with relevant stakeholders.
- Active involvement in developing a more robust portfolio monitoring/middle office function.
- Significant ad hoc project work to improve existing financial controls and systems.
- Deputise for the CFO as and when required.
Regarding background, it's likely you will be:
- A qualified accountant - ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent - with significant post qualified experience working in the investment management funds sector
- This is likely to have been gained in a large accounting firm via relevant audit clients or in a similar role on the fund's side within an Investment manager. he CFO needs someone who can hit the ground running from a technical perspective and be an instant subject matter expert given the lack of anyone in the role at present.
- Detailed understanding of fund structures and relevant accounting & reporting requirements.
- Plenty of personality, creativity and enthusiasm with the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders and suggest areas for improvement.
- Proven staff management abilities with the skills to confidently manage a team.
For immediate consideration, please apply now or for further information contact Sunil Basra at Marks Sattin.