Manager - Quantitative Analysis - Model Risk Validation
- Salary:£75,000 - £85,000
- Location:London, England, United Kingdom
- Job Type:Permanent, Full time
- Company:Alexander Ash Consulting
- Updated on:16 Jan 18
Quantitative Analyst Model Risk Validation – Market Risk Management, Var, ES, Expected shortfall, FRTB, Valuation Risk, R, Python, Greeks, Sensivities
For this reputable consulting firm we are looking for Quantitative Manager with strong Market Risk Management and Validation experience to join a highly performing Market Risk Management (MRM) team.
The MRM team advises and assists a range of clients (from large international banks to smaller financial institutions) in developing their MRM framework. The successful candidate will be expected to assist on both technical engagements which typically consist of model development and validation activities, as well as model risk governance projects.
The individual (at the managerial level) will be expected to participate in and manage junior resources and lead individual work streams (for more senior resources) within both model risk and wider risk and capital related engagements.
As a member of the banking segment, the individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking related issues supporting both UK and Global propositions. The expectation is that the roles will grow over time to provide a balance of quantitative and broader advisory and client facing responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the model risk management framework including best practice for the various components and a good understanding of the end-to-end model risk lifecycle.
- Blend of quantitative skills and risk governance knowledge is essential.
- Ability to distil highly technical content into a simple and clear manner for non-technical senior management.
- Thorough understanding of financial products.
- Ability to write highly technical documentation to a standard that adheres to SR11-7 requirements.
- Excellent project management skills including ability to support the initiation, delivery and risk management aspects of large engagements and overseeing junior resources.
- Excellent oral / written communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Flexibility to contribute on a broad range of banking risk engagements as well as external marketing material.
- Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Detailed product/industry knowledge
- Strong Market Risk knowledge
- Strong Quantitative skills