Manager - Recharges, Technology Business Finance
About the opportunity About the CFO Group
The CFO group operates on a global basis with a dedicated presence in key markets and functions, supported by shared service centres. The Group Chief Financial Officer has overall responsibility for all aspects of Finance, Strategy & Planning and Procurement, reporting to the CEO, Fidelity International. Within Finance, a number of distinct teams contribute to the department's overall success and the achievement of its objectives. Between them, these teams cover financial control and management reporting, financial planning and analysis, both at regional and group levels.
The Group Reporting & Analysis team is responsible for providing financial analysis, information and insight to senior leaders within, Technology, Operations, Investment Management and the other support functions, as well as to the FIL board and the Global Operating Committee as a whole. The team is also responsible for maintaining sales, assets and management accounts data on behalf of the overall Finance function. About the Technology Group
The Technology group is the largest corporate function within the firm with over 3,000 full time equivalent staff and accounts for more than 25% of the firm's costs. Technology costs are a key part of the cost base of the many FIL businesses, and there is significant focus on ensuring these costs are recharged appropriately.
The global Technology organisation has a key role to play in the success of Fidelity International supporting the development of the company's own distribution platforms as well as its asset management business. Purpose of your role
The purpose of this role is to support the Head of Technology Business Finance in ensuring that Technology group costs are appropriately and accurately recharged to business units, providing high quality financial insight and delivering financial analysis around recharged Technology costs to FIL's P&L owners and other areas of Business Finance. Key elements of the role include:
- Working closely with the Technology Business Finance team and Management Oversight team to own and assist with communicating recharge methodologies and Technology costs to other areas of FIL. Assist with enhancing understanding and transparency by simplifying recharge methodologies where possible and educating stakeholders across the business.
- Business partnering with the business heads and other areas of Business Finance. This will include the development of a broad understanding of the Fidelity business model and a deep understanding of all aspects of Technology, Operations, Digital and Intelligent Automation & Change, including all financial drivers, and building credibility through the provision of clearly presented financial information, supporting the goal of delivering real value and influence over decision making within these areas.
- Delivery of business finance services to Technology, Operations, Digital and Intelligent Automation & Change on a global basis, including budgeting, forecasting and management reporting, drawing on Finance shared services and liaising with other Finance teams to leverage best practice.
- Supporting the achievement of the financial objectives of the wider Fidelity organisation, contributing pro-actively to global Finance projects and initiatives.
- Supporting the Head of Technology Business Finance in building a cohesive, empowered and motivated Technology Business Finance team of circa eight. This includes a dedicated sub-team from within the Financial Planning & Analysis team based in Gurgaon, India.
The role will involve some travel between UK sites and could also include occasional travel to India. Key Responsibilities
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Provide financial recharge information to key customers including other areas of Business Finance and the broader FIL business. Provide financial insight, guidance and challenge to Technology stakeholders, supporting decision making and the achievement of business objectives.
- Assist with prioritising the workload of the extended finance team based in India.
- Focus on driving continuous improvement to, and timely delivery of, all regular deliverables.
- Ensure, where possible, that recharge reporting is automated and consistent in format with wider group reporting.
- Enhance the quality of analysis and interpretation such that it facilitates stakeholder thinking and decisions.
- Ensure all ad hoc deliverables are turned out to expectation or higher in a timely fashion.
- Ensure regular, high quality forecasts are provided for out-bound recharges.
- Promote a deeper understanding of the drivers of direct and allocated costs in support of efficiency initiatives.
- Assist with the identification of cost savings, efficiencies and productivity enhancing opportunities within Technology, Operations, Digital and Intelligent Automation & Change.
- Ensure that all costs recharged to other business units (including in-bound allocations charged on) can be justified and explained, facilitating a process in the receiving business units whereby support services can be reviewed and, where appropriate, scaled back or made more efficient.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a sound financial control environment.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of information systems.
About you About Fidelity International
- Graduate qualified accountant.
- Experience of the asset management industry would be an advantage.
- Experience of business finance roles and partnering internal clients would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of different cost recharge / allocation methodologies would be an advantage.
- Experience of Apptio would be an advantage.
- Able to command respect from stakeholders and peers, comfortable playing a part in management discussions.
- Ability to influence and challenge.
- Good communicator, able to present and articulate information succinctly.
- Strong analytical skills, able to see the big picture and offer innovative solutions.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise under pressure.
- Strong team-working skills, ideally with experience of working in a matrix environment.
Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately-held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 locations and with $611.4 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $471 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 30 September 2020. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/
Applying to this Job Role: Please note you are only required to upload your CV/Resume to the application screen.