Manager Asset Services, IM Operations
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Arbuthnot Latham & Co., Limited
- 03 Jul 18 2018-07-03
To be responsible for the day to day leadership and management of the Asset services operations function for Arbuthnot Latham. Optimize all operational aspects of the Asset Servicing team, including but not limited to Settlements, Trade affirmation/ confirmation, voluntary and mandatory corporate actions, Income processing, MiFIR reporting. This role will ensure that excellent administrative support is provided to the Investment Management Team with the client at the heart of the service.
To manage the team ensuring all duties are processed in an efficient and accurate manner, meeting SLA’s and Service Standards, whilst providing a work environment that generates positive energy, creativity and teamwork among employees. To ensure goals are achieved by conducting meetings, listening to issues and concerns across the team and setting a professional example by showing strong management/supervisory qualities.
Responsible for day to day supervision of the Asset Servicing team:
• To Support the Department Head in the following ways:
• the writing and delivery of appraisals and review performance for direct report(s)
• the development of staff, including training plans where necessary
• Motivate and retain a high performing team committed to achieving and recognizing success.
• Constantly seek to improve ways of supporting the team by sharing knowledge, experience, best practice and providing feedback.
Risk & Control
• Champion the risk culture in the team, ensure procedures are fit for purpose (to internal & regulatory standards) documented understood and used, controls are suitable and effective.
• Oversee and monitor the collation of KPIs / MI, analyze trends and proactively drive remedial or improvement actions.
• Head of Investment Management
• Executive Committee members, Functional Heads and relevant reports, senior and middle management of Arbuthnot Latham & Co Ltd.
• Third Party relationship management.
Knowledge & Experience
• Ideally be educated to degree level and be studying for, or already have, the IOC.
• Strong understanding of CASS rules, in particular CASS 6, 7 and 8 which are relevant to this role.
• Strong understanding of MiFID II in particular MiFIR which is relevant for this role.
• In-depth and detailed knowledge of the whole settlement process. Confirmation of all trades, equity matching directly into CREST, working with global custodian and fund managers.
• In-depth knowledge of all corporate actions and income events. Working directly with Investment Managers electing on a variety of corporate action events directly into CREST or with fund managers.
• Experience and knowledge of the characteristics of different asset types Equities/ETFs/Unit Trusts/OEICS/FX Forwards/Hedge funds and how they are processed coupled with market specific knowledge.
• A high standard of Compliance and regulatory knowledge, covering AML, COBS, CASS, MiFID II and TCF.
• Experience collating and present MI.
• Reconciliation investigation. Ensuring all break raised by the reconciliation department are investigated and clear.
• Knowledge of client tax packs and valuations.
• Knowledge and experience of servicing private client business and understanding the requirements and expectations of the HNW market.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills. Advanced Excel knowledge
• Previous experience with Investment Management Systems and interfaces such as Crest, Euroclear, or Tercero.
• Experience using UnaVista.
• The role requires a high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal with clients, providers and senior management coupled with a high level of confidentiality, diplomacy and discretion.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with clients, providers and senior management.
• Team Working
• Performance Focus
• Planning & Reviewing
• Developing Others
• Judgement and Problem Solving
• Creativity and entrepreneurial thinking
• Communication skills and confidence.