Manager, Cloud Connectivity, Cloud Infrastructure & Engineering, Business Operations , London & Regional offices
Your opportunity Do you understand the unprecedented impact of Cloud on the enterprise network?
Can you untangle the complexity of delivering a Cloud enabling network infrastructure that focuses on both security and application performance? Do you have experience of helping organisations deliver on their ambitions of a truly ubiquitous user experience across their Digital business?
Cloud is becoming an integral part of the IT infrastructure landscape. We help deliver the right business outcomes by helping organisations to create and execute connectivity strategies that drive the adoption of cloud services and meet the demands of the new digital reality. We are looking for people who share our enthusiasm for understanding what users need and help implement the technology environments that will foster greater communication, collaboration and productivity in the workplace.
By choosing to work with us you will be joining a practice which is widely recognised by our clients for its insight, expertise and for the quality of our work. You will be able to work in a culture that is innovative, collaborative and supportive of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambitions can provide you with a fantastic platform for your career. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
We take a holistic approach to tackling our clients cloud connectivity challenges, with the collective team engaged across a broad range of sub-domains. Your role will focus on providing expert advice as part of the management and delivery of client engagements. You will have responsibilities for:
Your work, your choice
- Helping our clients make the right decisions in a disruptive technology landscape to meet business objectives and future proof their network and communications infrastructure
- Supporting our clients to align their connectivity strategy with their business strategy, including plans, designs, and business cases
- Advising our clients in how to adopt next generation connectivity architectures that drive efficiency, manage risk and support business growth
- Understanding next generation connectivity technologies and vendors, as well as the industries in which our clients operate, to help them integrate new developments (e.g. cloud, mobility, team communication and collaboration, software defined networking) to increase user productivity and reduce costs
- Performing and supporting activities on network technology delivery engagements, assisting our clients execute on their connectivity strategy
- Fulfilling your role, relevant to your grade, in ensuring we deliver successfully against our client commitments
- Supporting the continued growth of our business through contributing to development of our propositions and marketing, training, client proposals, communications and recruitment activities
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: London and Reading preferred.
Work pattern: Full or part-time basis. Your professional experience
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate skills and experience in some of the following:
- Has worked in a role with direct and regular contact with wider business and IT stakeholders and/or clients, exhibiting effective written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to help elicit and specify client connectivity requirements and translate those into to relevant architectures and designs
- An understanding of emerging and innovative network technologies, and how they can be leveraged to deliver business transformation and change
- Experience in developing closely aligned and pragmatic connectivity strategies, roadmaps and business cases
- A broad connectivity and infrastructure technology delivery experience, with the demonstrable ability to leverage that to influence thinking and decisions
- An understanding of emerging and innovative network technologies, and how to shape IT strategy and delivery in order to leverage those technologies
- Market awareness of key connectivity technology vendors and service providers, including how they are integrated into the customer supply chain to underpin connectivity services and solutions
- Leading or supporting the development of the necessary contract and commercial arrangements with connectivity suppliers to underpin successful delivery
- Awareness of network operational support good practices required to underpin effective management of connectivity services
This experience should be underpinned by a background in one or more of the following areas:
Your service line: Consulting
- Experience in design, build and delivery of complex network solutions in hybrid cloud environments (i.e. private and public cloud)
- Understanding of design patterns, best practice and relevant deployment experience with connectivity solution for Iaas/PaaS/SaaS services
- Experience of key network concepts or technology to include some of the following - Software Defined Networks (SDN) and example SDN solutions such as SD-WAN, SD-Access, Network Function Virtualisation (NFV), leading cloud unified communications and collaboration toolsets
- Experience in designing and deploying network automation and orchestration tools to enhance service quality, drive process improvement and increase agility
- Experience with on-premise and cloud network security services and how they form part of an integrated network security strategy
- Infrastructure, network security and IOT connectivity approaches
- Familiarity with industry-recognised methodologies (e.g. TOGAF, ITIL)
- Certification with leading public cloud vendors (e.g. AWS) and/or leading network vendor technology (e.g. Cisco)
- Relevant experience - either consulting or in one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Public Sector (Central and /or Local and Regional Government, Healthcare and Education), Consumer Goods, Retail, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Energy and Utilities, Telecoms, Media, Technology
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business. Personal independence
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process. About Deloitte Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
SLCONS BACTEC CFTECH WPFULL
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 167927