- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 14 Dec 17
Manager, Employment Tax, London
We're looking for a Manager Employment Tax, to join our tax team based in London
About the role
We are looking for a Manager Employment Tax, to join our Taxation Division, based in London. The team provides taxation support to all groups and manages Macquarie’s relationship with revenue authorities and tax advisers. This support includes advisory, compliance and tax accounting functions. This position is in the Employment Tax Team in the Taxation Division.
You will have close contact with the Human Resources Division, as well as having exposure to employees from all areas of Macquarie and in all locations where Macquarie has operations, with a specific focus on the EMEA region. Relationships with external tax advisors is not essential.
You will be:
- Advising on taxation and social security implications in the EMEA region including:
- remuneration structures;
- expatriate employees in locations where Macquarie has operations;
- employee share plans.
- Liaising with the Tax Reporting function and Payroll teams to provide technical support and ensure the Macquarie Group meets its tax compliance responsibilities within each relevant EMEA jurisdiction.
- Monitoring and communicating changes to employment tax related laws;
- Involvement in audits and reviews of Macquarie Group entities;
- Monitoring compliance with employment tax obligations in the EMEA region;
- Documentation of policies and procedures.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements.
Our business is to realise opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterised by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team:
- Be able to demonstrate a strong knowledge of core tax technical provisions, specifically UK employment tax, social security, double tax treaties, bilateral social security agreements, employee share schemes and cross-border issues;
- Hold a university degree in either commerce, accounting or law;
- Have previous tax advisory experience within a chartered accounting firm, legal firm or in commerce
- Be able to work independently and take responsibility with minimal supervision;
- Be able to develop internal relationships with key contacts in other divisions;
- Be able to support other Division members when situations arise to ensure the Taxation Division's requirements and goals are met.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.