Manager, Enterprise Stress Testing Review & Challenge, Credit Risk
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Stress Test Review and Challenge is an independent review team, sitting within the Enterprise Risk Management function. The team's mandate is to provide assurance to senior management and our Group regulator (Prudential Regulation Authority) of the quality of enterprise stress test deliverables. Areas of responsibility encompass all aspects of stress testing including portfolio projections, model risk, management actions, etc. The team reviews and challenges the outputs of the various stress testing workstreams, such as scenario design, retail credit, wholesale credit, counterparty credit risk, market risk, operational risk, business volumes and margins, liquidity and capital, among others. Enterprise stress testing comprises the stress tests required by the Group's management and Board to inform Risk Appetite and the stress tests required by the PRA: ICAAP, Bank of England's annual concurrent stress test, recovery plan stress test, reverse stress test and others as required.
The specific purpose of this role will be to support the review of both wholesale and retail credit risk-related stress test workstreams
- Support the independent review of Credit portfolio stress testing including Wholesale, Retail, Counterparty, Private Banking and Structured Finance.
- Review end-to-end stress testing processes including methodologies, assumptions, model outputs, judgmental overlays and documentation.
- Evaluate the development, validation, implementation and ongoing use of credit stress testing models, providing value-added insights, feedback and recommendations to stakeholders.
- Reverse engineer models to quantify drivers of credit stress test outputs.
- Actively participate in the judgemental quantification of stress projections, performing research and providing justification for conclusions.
- Form opinions on the intuitiveness of stress testing results to identify potential weaknesses and areas for judgmental overrides of model outputs in real time during stress test production
- Applicable in the same manner as the Process section.
- Keep up-to-date on regulatory requirements and ensure that regulator's feedback is being addressed.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Both wholesale and retail credit risk-related stress test workstreams.
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders in the enterprise stress testing process, especially within Group Risk and the business.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Members of the Stress Test Review and Challenge Team are exposed to other workstreams and are expected to expand beyond their initial areas of expertise to support the Head, Stress Testing Review & Challenge in any ad-hoc requests
This role could be based in either London or Singapore, depending on applicants' current location
- Prior involvement in ICAAP and/or stress testing across retail and wholesale credit risk.
- Ability to understand technical model development documents. Model development experience is desirable.
- Advanced understanding of IFRS 9 as well as the IRB framework.
- Excellent inter-personal skills; comfortable in building relationships at senior levels and across teams, with outstanding written and oral communication skills , including the ability to write clearly and concisely, summarising complex issues for a less technical audience.
- Confident self-motivated person with a high level of drive and ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Degree in quantitative discipline (e.g. Finance, Statistics, Engineering) is desirable.
- Experience in Bank of England stress testing exercises a plus .
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .