Manager, Financial Analysis
S&P Global Market Intelligence & Platts Manager, Financial Reporting Grade 11A The Role:
Manager of Financial Reporting The Location:
NY, Charlottesville, or London The Team:
The S&P Global MI & Platts Finance team primarily consists of New York and London based employees. The Team also regularly interacts with divisions of S&P Global (SPGI) Corporate. This position reports to the Director of Reporting of MI & Platts. The Impact:
This role is a key member of the Market Intelligence & Platts Finance team. This position is responsible for managing the monthly close and reporting processes as well as the role will be involved in responding to both internal and external audit queries and ensuring full compliance internal controls (SOX) providing evidence as required. This position will also assist with ad hoc requests and special projects such as the implementation of Oracle Cloud and M&A/post-merger integration. This position will work along-side the Director to ensure all monthly financial reporting and analysis is delivered timely and accurately to facilitate decision making by management. This position will also partner with the business/functional finance leads to ensure integrity and accuracy of financial results. The Career Opportunity:
This role is uniquely positioned to serve 2 of the SPGI Divisions (Market Intelligence and Platts) working with the Finance teams in those Divisions as well as the Corporate Controllers and FP&A Finance teams. Therefore, this role is a great opportunity to understand both the MI and Platts businesses and gain increased exposure to Division OpCo members via the reporting of the Division level results. Opportunities also exist to drive change in global Finance operations and fully leverage future state operating model. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $74,400 to $228,700 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
- Manage monthly accounting close and financial reporting process for Market Intelligence & Platts. Review, analyze and interpret monthly financial results. Assist with preparation of presentations for senior management and SPGI Corporate (i.e. Quarterly Financial Review, Quarterly Business Review and Board of Director meetings). Act as a liaison with SPGI Corporate on financial reporting matters.
- Lead contact for internal/external audits and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance. Coordinate walkthroughs, control testing and responses to auditor PBC lists. Ensure internal controls are effective and documented. Assist in identifying control weaknesses and taking appropriate corrective action.
- Drive reporting and process automation within MI & Platts Finance
- Assist with ad hoc requests, special projects, department cross-training, and provide direct support to the Director of Reporting on an as-needed basis
- Provide data, analysis, and operational insights during the monthly close, rolling forecast and annual budget processes
- Preparation of monthly reporting for review by Senior Finance and OpCo/Business Leadership to include various views (As Reported, Organic) to meet business needs and drive decision making
- Perform ad hoc analyses as requested to help management make informed decisions regarding the short- and long-term objectives of the business
- Alert management to accounting or operational problems and suggest actionable solutions.
- Support digitization and process improvement by adopting LEAN principles, employing best practices, and leveraging technology
- Provide thorough and accurate responses to Senior Management, Corporate and Audit-related inquiries
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA and strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP is required.
- 5-8 years' work experience in a combination of public accounting and private accounting/finance department
- Strong attention to detail and analytical ability with an inquisitive mind
- Ability to work independently and as a fully contributing member of a team
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong skills in MS Excel (Pivot tables, V-Lookups, IF functions, etc.), PowerPoint, and Tableau
- Experience with ERP (Oracle Financials), Cognos TM1, Anaplan, and Alteryx or other database tools preferred
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), FINANC202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261175 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States