Manager, Global Account Management
- Not Specified
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Chicago Mercantile Exchange
- 12 Mar 18 2018-03-12
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more. The Manager, Global Account Management (GAM) EMEA is the primary market data and technology relationship manager for CME Group's customers and vendors. In this role, the Manager works regularly with internal cross-functional teams and client contacts on the business, market data, technology and operations side to successfully integrate client or third-party vendor technology with the CME Group technologies used to facilitate trading and clearing on our platforms and market data distribution. The ideal candidate for this position will also have substantial financial services technology proficiency.
• Understand the client's use of market data and ensure they are properly licensed and compliant with all related CME policies, including reporting.
• Provide market access education for customers and proactively communicate regarding platform capabilities, tools and services
• Lead and manage the market data and technology relationship with key clients, vendors and intermediary partners.
• Partner with sales to meet client needs across a variety of business, market data and technology topics
• Manage client onboarding to the platform(s); leverage internal business partners, tools and processes.
• Ensure client readiness for changes in CME Group technologies through regular engagement of business, technical and operational contacts on the client side
• Advocate internally on behalf of clients to enhance our platform solutions.
• Establish and develop market data and technology relationships in assigned EMEA region(s); create and leverage opportunities to grow CME Group distribution in the region.
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or Technology required
• Masters Degree preferred.
• Demonstrable client relationship management experience in the Financial Services industry with excellent verbal and written communication skills required
• Prior experience in a market data licensing or technology role desired
• MS Office suite