Manager, Group Tax - Finance (12 months fixed term contract)
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- An opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and client orientated tax professional to join the UK Country tax team in a mixed role that will cover private client and corporation tax.
- The private client role will involve business partnering with SCB Private Bank, supporting business growth while also managing tax risk.
- The corporation tax role will involve working within the UK Country tax team to manage accurate tax reporting and compliance, effective tax management, and strategic business planning.
- Both roles require tax to be well controlled and kept within the risk appetite of Standard Chartered, for the benefit of our clients and stakeholders.
- The successful candidate will understand and support group strategy as it applies to tax, and work effectively with team members to deliver high quality reporting and advice in a demanding environment.
- The role supports stakeholders by effectively managing taxation compliance, reporting and control.
- The successful candidate will manage and develop taxation processes that achieve effective risk management, timely delivery and the production of accurate and relevant information for internal and external stakeholders.
- The candidate will maintain a thorough knowledge of UK and international tax relevant to the role, and apply this in daily work to ensure the delivery of high quality advice to stakeholders. They will build effective relationships with stakeholders and business partners across the bank, and use these relationships to realise the Group's tax strategy while delivering support to other functions.
- The role requires personal responsibility for the highest standard of ethics, regulatory and business conduct, to support the Group's approach to building a transparent, effective and professional relationship with the tax authorities.
- Recognised UK tax or accounting qualification such as ACA. ACCA or CTA
- Previous experience of private bank taxation in the banking or wealth management space.
- A track record of successful business partnering or business support.
- Some UK corporation tax experience obtained in professional practice or the in-house tax team.
- Enthusiasm and good interpersonal skills. Able to work effectively in teams, and build strong working relationships with colleagues from diverse backgrounds who are located across the world.
- The ability to deliver technically robust analysis to experts and peers, while also provide simple, commercially astute advice to other stakeholders.
- A track record of adapting and delivering results in a demanding environment.
- The role is based in London, and the candidate must be able work in the UK.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.