Manager IT Audit
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Manager IT AuditSummary
The Manager I, IT Audit is responsible for the execution of audit engagements, which includes planning, developing the project's scope, maintaining the budget and timeframes of the project to meet audit requirements, and ensuring department Standards are properly met. The role is a direct report to an Audit Manager and is responsible for their assigned staff's performance management process and recruiting and retention of staff for the audit team. The Manager I, IT Audit provides input to improve operational efficiency and/or to enhance the design or operating effectiveness of the internal control environment. The role provides technical expertise and performs supervisor related work including training new employees or those with lesser experience, reviewing work of others, and providing regular feedback and coaching to employees. The role is also responsible for interacting with EMEA based Regulators, Senior and Executive management, leveraging technical expertise to evaluate risk areas and ensuring that resources are properly aligned to audit these areas.
1. Functions in various roles on audit engagements, including leading audits, staffing audits and providing consulting or oversight functions based on the needs of the team.
2. Provides technical expertise to the IT Audit Team and uses sound audit practices.
3. Maintains familiarization and technical expertise with the assigned business unit(s) including organizational structure, personnel, activities and products, new product development, financial performance and risk and problem areas.
4. Responsible for staying current on regulatory rules and changes within the industry.
5. Interacts and partners with Senior and Executive Management to understand the risks within the business, business changes and other significant events that could significantly affect the business and/or the audit plan.
6. Participates in targeted EMEA centric senior-level committees and client meetings, along with presenting to the corporate EMEA Audit and Business Risk Committees as well as the local/regional Audit Committee, Oversight Committee, Legal Entity Boards and Risk Committees.
7. Communicates with EMEA based Regulators, external auditors, and various regional risk committees within the Corporation as part of ongoing continuous monitoring which assists in managing the EMEA Audit Plan.
8. Manages and performs special projects as assigned.
9. Participates in meetings with business unit to discuss audit results.
10. Communicates with partners at all levels, developing and presenting recommendations on operations and controls for the business unit.
11. During audit engagements, assigns work to auditors, sets priorities and monitors activity.
12. Conducts the performance management process for direct reports. Oversees the performance management process and ensures that Audit Managers are identifying training and development needs for their respective audit teams.
13. Utilizes understanding of various Corporate units to ensure operations, services, and systems have proper audit controls in place (i.e., design of the control environment).
14. Reviews audit work including work paper documentation, findings and recommendations and the final report to ensure appropriate adherence to the Corporation's/Department's Policies and Standards and ensuring work is performed within established timeframes.
15. Evaluates corporate management, business processes, business controls and operating practices during audits and consulting/monitoring engagements.
16. Applies analytical skills to review information and determine potential control weaknesses.
• Knowledge of auditing in the financial services industry and basic accounting principles and related work experience
• Professional certifications (e.g., CPA, CISA, CIA, ACA, ACCA) and/or an MBA along with demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (e.g., accounting, regulatory compliance, etc.) are preferred
• Strong analytical, leadership, and organizational skills are needed
• Strong report writing and work paper documentation skills
• A College or University degree and/or entry level auditing experience in a financial institution is preferred
• Adept auditing and/or systems experience in a financial institution, or similar public accounting experience in the financial services industry.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of June 30, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $135 billion in banking assets
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $10.7 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $1.1 trillion in assets under management