Manager, Production Technology
The Production Technology Manager (EMEA) is responsible for supervising all security and technology programs covering Amazon Studios productions under the direct supervision of the Amazon Studios Head of Content Security Technology. This will include supporting the broader Production Security team assessing the security requirements of each Tier 1 production during the preparation stages and being directly involved in implementing those plans throughout the shoot and post production periods. The successful candidate will support security technology infrastructure and network solutions that adhere to Content Security
procedures and policies. On a day to day basis, the Production Technology Manager will work closely with and provide advice and support to production and act as the first point of contact on content
security matters for all cast and crew in the studio and on location.
International Travel will be required.
• Take an active role in the assessment of all potential content security risks at a local level and manage appropriate solutions to mitigate those risks.
• Maintain global content security policies and standards that support both operational and development activities.
• Manage outsourced content & network security relationships where appropriate: - Carriers/network providers, Security Systems installation/maintenance contractor(s), Consultative services - ensuring that specified duties are carried out, that contractual obligations are met and corporate standards are maintained.
• Recommend improvements and introduce new procedures as necessary.
• Liaison with the On-Set Production Security Manager to investigate, interview, obtain reports, logs, and prepare incident reports for Theft, Loss, Fraud and network security related incidents.
• Undertake security projects to improve the security of the company, prevent security breaches and that appropriate security requirements are included in other strategic plans and programs.
• Build, test, and operate all network systems required to support the productions that are part of Amazon Studios.
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert providing technical guidance and security best practices for both on-premise and cloud-based network
• Provide technical solutions to meet the needs of productions based around the world with an emphasis around automation, simplicity, and secure network architecture.
• Design/Deploy/Support and troubleshoot network platforms for production and post production locations both domestically and internationally
• Motivate and train reporting staff in order that they perform to the level necessary to achieve the standards mentioned above. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive years of Networking/IT/Technical film industry experience
• Multiple years working with Brocade, Cisco, or Arista switches and firewalls
• Multiple years working with Quantum, EMC, or other enterprise storage solutions
• Familiarity with Aspera and Signiant file transfer technologies
• Build, test, and operate all storage & network systems required to support the production operations that are part of Amazon Studios.
• Serve as a Subject Matter Expert providing technical guidance and security best practices for both on-premise and cloud-based networks
• Provide technical solutions to meet the needs of productions based in Europe with an emphasis around automation, simplicity, and secure network architecture.
• Design/Deploy/Support and troubleshoot network platforms for production and post production locations
• Assist with design & implementation of 10/40/100Gbe Networks, WAN Optimization, Accelerated Internet Delivery, Compression, Real-time Video Streaming, Transcoding workflows PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong understanding of secure network principles of perimeter devices, servers, and workstations
• Directory Services (e.g., Active Directory, Open Directory, LDAP)
• Digital transfer tools (e.g., Aspera, Signiant)
• Network hardening best practices for both client endpoints, firewalls, and switches
• Experience in the following would be beneficial:
• Knowledge of studio IT systems, including production and post-productions environments
• Thorough knowledge of feature film production and post-production industries, services, and workflows (e.g., DI, dubbing, editing, encoding, localization, VFX, etc)
• Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and listening skills
• Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
• Strong negotiation skills
• Prior experience in the film/entertainment industry with experience working on set in a high-stress environment preferred
• Ability to work in a highly distributed matrixed environment
• Ability to adapt to new technologies and trends
• Willingness to travel up to 40%
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.