Manager, Regulatory Reporting
- GBP75000 - GBP85000 per annum
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- .Michael Page Financial Services.
- 08 Oct 18
* Responsible for the timely and accurate submission of the Bank of England, legacy PRA and COREP regulatory reporting of Leverage, Securitisation, Operational Risk and Settlement Risk * Responsible for the management and supervision of the Regulatory Reporting team.
- A mid tier investment bank with wholesale banking capabilities. They have a global presence and have a diverse product portfolio.
- The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out detailed reviews and providing sign off for the above mentioned regulatory reports (currently 180 regulatory templates per annum) which in turn is then taken forward to final review with the Director and CFO.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of FCA and Bank of England regulatory reporting.
- To be principal subject matter expert for Leverage reporting, Securitisation, Operational Risk and Settlement Risk
- Providing technical guidance to Senior Management, Risk and Business on all matters relating new and existing business in London.
- The incumbent will be a member of the Regulatory Reporting Committee and of the Regulatory Policy Interpretation Group.
- To be the subject matter expert for PRA and BOE reporting.
- Responsible for ensuring that non-financial and static data from other systems accurately supports regulatory returns. This is managed through a series of exception reports
- Manage the monitoring of the daily Large Exposure and Capital Adequacy reporting limits to avoid any breaches of UK regulatory constraints
- Develop and maintain a strong control environment including procedures and processes
- To ensure that all procedures developed by the team adhere to the bank's End User Computing guidelines.
- Perform complex and detailed analysis of the regulatory impact of new business proposals for the New Activity For London (NAFL) committee.
- Responsible for the preparation and delivery of Pillar 3 information to the Financial Reporting team.
- Key player in ensuring that the regulatory reporting software (OneSumX) is fit for purpose from the user's perspective.
- Responsible for user acceptance testing of regulatory reporting software upgrades and investigating discrepancies
- Management of a team of two staff providing on the job coaching and training, ensuring effective work distribution and assisting in the hiring of new staff.
- Ensure appropriate cross training is provided to team members.
- Liaise with head office and external software vendors on any technology impact of regulatory change.
- Build effective internal and external networks (including industry associations and other relevant bodies) to ensure maximum regulatory awareness across the bank.
- Provide support to Senior Management and CFO on regulatory matters.
- Ensure all communications are succinct and clear for recipients.
- A recognised accounting qualification is required
- Essential to be a regulatory reporting subject matter expert.
- Will have a minimum of 5 years in depth technical and managerial experience in financial accounting and regulatory reporting working in an investment banking environment.
- Knowledge of CRD IV, BIPRU and BOE regulations with a particular focus on BOE, PRA and Leverage rules.
- Working knowledge of IFRS accounting standards.
- A knowledge of capital markets.
- Attractive bonus & benefits package
- Centrally located offices - based in the City of London
- A positive attitude towards work life balance
- A supportive team environment with excellent opportunities to progress within the business.