Manager Research – Fixed Income & Alternatives
- Market Competitive
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Stanhope Capital LLP
- 17 Sep 17
Stanhope Capital was established in 2004 and is an independently owned wealth management firm providing discretionary and portfolio management services to ultra-high net worth private and institutional clients worldwide. Stanhope is neither a bank, nor just a family office. Instead, we bring together the best of both worlds: the high service standards and transparency expected of a private family office, combined with the quality of investment expertise and operational excellence typically associated with a major global financial institution. There are currently 14 partners and over 80 employees operating from offices in London, Geneva and Jersey.
Stanhope Capital employs the best investment professionals across the industry providing an environment to develop their career and gain a broad knowledge of the wealth management industry. Our overriding objective is to protect and increase the real wealth of our clients by achieving superior returns while minimising investment risks to an agreed level.
About the role:
The Manager Research team aims to identify best in class managers who can truly add value to clients’ portfolios. You will be a key member of the fixed income and alternatives manager research team covering funds including traditional fixed income as well as private credit and absolute return strategies. The position will work very closely with and report directly to the Head of Alternatives and Fixed Income.
The duties will include but will not be limited to:
• Conduct primary, quantitative and qualitative research of investment opportunities and strategies with a focus on long only and alternative fixed income investment sectors.
• Perform due diligence on fund managers and create investment reports including quantitative analysis.
• Confidently present to the team, committees and clients on any issues relating to the selected managers.
• Organise and participate in manager research meetings, analyse the findings and write conclusive notes.
• Maintain up to date risk information and performance attribution for existing investments by monitoring investment strategies and managers through in-person meetings and calls.
• Communicate the current environment and outlook for investment opportunities to the investment and client advisory teams.
• Produce general research on the industry and develop a network of information.
• Liaise with the client advisory and operations team regarding queries.
• Support the management of the firm.
To be successful in this role you will be educated to degree level and have at least 3 to 5 years of direct experience in manager research within Fixed Income, Alternatives and/or Private Credit strategies. You must have good knowledge of key players in the relevant fund management sectors and expertise in fixed income investment strategies ideally gained through a previous manager research role.
You will require a broad knowledge of the financial markets, as well as excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience with Bloomberg and Morningstar is a plus.
If you have
• strong numerical ability and high attention to detail
• an interest in performing a critical role while learning in a fast-paced, highly skilled environment
• strong verbal and written communication skills
• a strong work ethic, and a “get on with it” attitude
• the ability to work effectively with internal and external relations.
If you are
• highly organised and excited by the opportunity to work in a dedicated and hardworking team within a rapidly growing company
• highly motivated and capable of seeing projects through from beginning to end
• flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed
• discrete and mature
• a team player
then we would love to receive your application!
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.