Checkout.com is one of the most exciting fintechs in the world. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and a Great Place to Work accredited company. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. Join us to build the digital economy of tomorrow. Job Description The role
Working as part of our Treasury function, you'll oversee the Safeguarding Reconciliation Team with the calculation of the daily relevant funding positions across multiple global entities. Evolving in a high-pace and multifaceted environment, meticulous attention to detail will be key.
The ideal candidate will be a dedicated, laser-focused and highly organised individual, not shying away from high volume of work. Whilst possessing management experience, you must be a teammate when it comes to getting the job done and assisting wherever you can.
In response to the continued scaling and expansion of Checkout.com in terms of volume, product diversity, regulated activities and legal entity footprint, you will be working to identify risks associated with the calculation of the Safeguarding position, contributing to the overall design and implementation of a Safeguarding framework, with a focus on automation and embedding safeguarding across the organisation to meet regulatory rules. Qualifications How you'll make an impact
Additional Information What we're looking for
- Oversee the Safeguarding Reconciliation Team to ensure the daily reconciliations are performed in a timely manner and to the highest of standards
- Daily monitoring of Global Safeguarding compliance and developing enhancements to the calculation and reporting methodologies to satisfy regulatory needs
- Manage relevant escalations, management information and project updates to Senior Management and committees, including tracking remediation actions and project plans
- Develop and enhance safeguarding related processes and controls with treasury teams to ensure compliance with related policies and supporting audit requirements
- Contribute to embedding the Safeguarding framework and associated policies across the organisation
- Develop documentation of policies and procedures associated with the above
- Partner with other CKO teams to develop and implement automation initiatives and support new product projects
- Lead in wider Checkout.com's strategic global expansion and regulatory initiatives within the treasury space
- Support Reconciliation leadership with ad-hoc tasks and regular critical metric dashboards
- Manage the requirements for both internal and external audits.
- Continually develop skills and knowledge in line with business growth and expansion
Apply without meeting all requirements statement
- 5+ years of either treasury, finance, regulatory or risk related experience
- Extensive management skills, used to dealing with direct and indirect reporting lines
- Understanding of protection/custodianship of customer assets (e.g. Safeguarding or CASS)
- Strong communication and influencing skills with an ability to build and leverage cross-functional relationships
- Forward-thinking, adaptable and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in an evolving environment and often shifting priorities
- Proficiency in English and excellent communication skills at all levels
- Knowledge of Card Schemes, Alternative Payment Methods or Payin / Payout solutions an advantage
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel (Formulas, PQ or VBA)
- Ability to self-manage individual projects of high complexity and automate manual tasks within the team or department
- Ability to establish relationships with key partner groups to achieve business outcomes and improve efficiency of processes
If you don't meet all the requirements but think you might still be right for the role, please apply anyway. We're always keen to speak to people who connect with our mission and values. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you. Take a peek inside life at Checkout.com via
- Our Culture video https://youtu.be/BEwnpHuadSw
- Our careers page https://www.checkout.com/careers
- Our LinkedIn Life pages bit.ly/3OaoN1U
- Our Instagram https://www.instagram.com/checkout_com/