Manager, Senior Funding and Covered Bonds
- GBP69363 - GBP80923 per annum + Benefits
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Lloyds Banking Group
- 05 Sep 17
Manager, Senior Funding and Covered Bonds
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
When you join our Group Corporate Treasury (GCT) function, your work has the potential to impact the Group's operational decision making. There couldn't be a better time to join our highly regarded Capital Markets Issuance team, as you'll be at the forefront of change within capital markets, as ring-fencing will see the emergence of two banking entities and you'll gain real insight into the management of funding and other issuance activity, in our post-ring fenced environment.
You'll primarily be supporting the Head of Senior Funding and Covered Bonds in delivering the Group Funding plan and providing support for ad hoc projects, including issuance of senior unsecured and covered bonds in public and private markets, as well as considering opportunities to optimise the existing liability mix via liability management exercises. You'll help build and maintain the robust systems and compliance regimes required to minimise regulatory and operational risks covering the issuance and buy back activity of the Front Office desk. You'll also be taking an active interest and be involved in work across Treasury and the wider Capital Issuance Teams.
As Manager for Senior Funding and Covered Bonds, you'll be responsible for a broad product portfolio of funding and be a face of Lloyds Banking Group for the dealers and capital market specialists you'll be liaising with. Maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between GCT and external banks, investors, professional advisors is key to the role. Your regular dialogue with internal stakeholders will also ensure strict controls around the team's issuance and buyback activity. Other accountabilities will include:
* Monitoring the senior unsecured and covered bond issuance markets and maintaining a database of relevant comparable trades for wider market analysis
* Maintaining detailed knowledge of regulatory developments, Group messaging and strategic developments that will impact the issuance of our term wholesale funding requirements
* Promoting the activities of the Senior Funding team across GCT and the Group, acting as the subject matter expert for public senior funding and covered bonds and offering coaching/job shadowing opportunities to GCT colleagues and colleagues across the Group
* Leading on the production of weekly Transfer Pricing spread updates to the Group, with primary responsibility for the production of other desk management information
* Supporting the regular planning exercises in GCT, taking responsibility for the production of the term funding plans.
You'll have demonstrable experience of working in either a Treasury issuance function, debt capital markets, or syndicate function. Your experience will likely cover bonds and/or senior unsecured debt, but other product knowledge e.g. short-term money market, subordinated debt or other secured products will still be welcomed.
Your previous market facing role/s will have been in either an Investment Bank or a Bank / Building Society's Treasury function and you'll have significant knowledge of the funding markets and products used by banks.
This role is covered by SMCR and we'd expect you to be in a similarly certified role currently. With a numerate degree in a Finance/Economics related subject, you may have professional qualifications to offer, but they aren't essential.
And whilst your technical expertise is key, the ability to effectively manage both internal and external stakeholders is also paramount to the role, so you'll need to demonstrate excellent relationship management and communication skills. A committed team player, you'll also have the organisational skills and attention to detail needed to prioritise and deliver to deadlines under pressure.
In return, this is a real opportunity to further develop your Capital Markets skills and expertise within a corporate Treasury function. And in joining Lloyds Banking Group, you'll be part of one of the best capitalised banks within the global financial market.
Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-based culture focused on making a difference. You can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
Together we make it possible.