Manager, Test Architect, Systems Engineering, Consulting, London
Are you looking to use your extensive development and testing skills to shape the future of automation?
This role will offer you the opportunity to design and implement robust test automation frameworks for top tier clients who are leaders in their respective fields. As an authority in Test Automation, you will also advise and guide c-suite clients on best practices that will enable them increase speed to market and embed quality.
Advising clients and delivery teams on Test Automation and quality matters Business Operations
Want to work with the latest technologies, as part of a team helping international organisations transform their core business capabilities? Whether you're working with on-premise systems, Cloud technology, or custom-developed solutions (to name just a few), your expertise will help clients deliver continuous improvement and innovation, from initial design right through to implementation and optimization. Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application. Your role
You will continually explore the role of testing within the context of delivery, focused on improving feedback times, and delivering quality and repeatability through automation. As an Architect, you will be responsible for understanding test within the context of delivery, and driving understanding and buy in of Test Good Practice, within Test teams and wider stakeholders. You will be involved in structuring Test Frameworks and tools at all levels, working with code and other Software Development Engineers in Test (SDETs) to develop solutions, whilst acting as a coach for Test team members.
Responsibilities will include:
Your work, your choice
- Advising clients and delivery teams on Test Automation and quality matters
- Selecting and articulating the best industry standard automation tool for a given situation
- Designing and Implementing automation frameworks aligned with business objectives
- Architecting Continuous Delivery pipelines to automate quality assured code from commit to production
- Defining best practices and coding standards
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
- Mentoring junior members of the team and performing code reviews
- Supporting the development of client bids and presentations of proposals
- Contributing to Deloitte's thought leadership in Testing
- Building and developing long term trusted relationships with senior stakeholders across our client portfolio
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
This is a permanent contract opportunity. Although, our team members work a variety of agile working patterns. Tell us what arrangement works for you and we'll try to accommodate. Your professional experience
- A passion for new technology and a desire to continually learn and grow as a quality engineer
- Experience in defining and implementing automation frameworks that cover at least three of the following applications: API, web, mobile, console and desktop applications
- Understanding across multiple disciplines of test, e.g. Performance, Accessibility, Compatibility
- Deep understanding of DevOps processes facilitating Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipelines
- Working knowledge of modern architecture patterns e.g., microservices, containerisation, their suitability, complexities and alternatives
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- People management skills and experience in leading technical teams
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
Your service line: Consulting
- Experience with the following tools: Selenium, Appium, REST Assured, SOAP UI, Serenity, SpecFlow, Cucumber, Jenkins, CircleCI, TeamCity, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, JMeter, Gatling, Locust, aXe, Pa11Y, SauceLabs, Browserstack, ContinuumSecurity, JBehave
- Evidence of contributions to open source community
- Full stack development experience
- Java or C# certification
- A proven track record in a top tier consulting organisation
Our people and the way we work are the two things that set us apart in the consulting universe. For us, collaboration is fundamental to success, along with an unrivalled depth and breadth of expertise. We work closely with our clients and each other, at every stage of every project, solving our clients' trickiest problems with a mix of knowledge, creativity and intellectual rigour. A hugely diverse range of clients rely on us to deliver the kind of change that adds genuine, lasting value to their business.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent. What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world. Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people. What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most. Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
WPFULL SLCONS BASOP
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 177265