Who we're looking for
• Self starter with ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
• Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
• Educated to a minimum of first degree level with either relevant professional or higher level degree qualifications achieved (CIMA, CFA)
• Understanding of consultancy skills and best practice, gained through experience of working in, or interacting closely with, a consultancy environment, including;
o experience of using, developing and adapting key tools, techniques and types of work a consultancy would undertake
o experience of senior stakeholder management in a consultancy context
• An understanding of change management disciplines, processes and tools, including:
o experience of each of the key stages of change delivery
o planning and progress tracking mechanisms
o effective means of monitoring and managing issues, risks and dependencies
o strong reporting skills
o managing stakeholders
• An understanding and experience of iterative delivery methodologies, such as Agile and Scaled Agile
• Experience of line management
• Strong communicator with presentation skills to C-level and other senior business and IT management
• Evidence of thought leadership and proposition design and development
• Evidence of leading large and complex consultancy assignments
• Someone who has been promoted from the role of Senior Consultant, or has been recruited from industry or consulting, with experience at the appropriate level
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
Technology at Schroders
There's a huge amount of change going on at Schroders. Technology's shaping our business more and more, so there are many opportunities waiting to be grabbed. And because we're a big financial player, we can put hefty backing behind good ideas.
We're a serious business - we have enormous responsibilities to our clients and shareholders. But just because we're suited and booted, that doesn't make us stuffy; our tech teams are friendlier and more informal than you might expect.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly.
Schroders Business Consultancy is an internal management consultancy function providing consultancy services to the Schroders Group. The function is structured around practices offering services in strategy, M&A integration, business architecture, target operating models, operational excellence and change management.
What you'll do
Involvement in a range of consultancy assignments and other activities which may include:
o Using strategy formation approaches to facilitate the definition of business strategies through working with relevant business stakeholders
o Research initiated to address gaps in knowledge relating to a specific business issue
• Operating Models:
o The creation of Target Operating Models (TOMs) for discrete business domains and functions
• Operational Excellence:
o Process improvement and reengineering using Lean and Six Sigma type methodologies
• Change Management:
o Creation of the business case for initiatives being considered, with the aim of concluding on the potential value add / cost-benefit analysis of embarking on that initiative. (Encompasses financial analysis, definition of business drivers, assessment of risks etc. To be used by the appropriate governance forum to decide whether to progress with an initiative / decide between options)
o Advisory to the Steering Committee for projects / programmes of work with the aim of ensuring successful delivery and maintenance of strategic programme objectives
o Creation of high-level plans / roadmaps to describe the necessary elements to achieve a target state
• M&A integration:
o Participating in end-to-end operational due diligence of M&A opportunities to evaluate integration synergies and effort.
o The creation of an operating model for acquired entities and the planning of activities required to successfully integrate a business into Schroders Investment Management
• Business Architecture:
o The design and ownership of the Schroders Business Capability Model, Lifecycles and other key Business Architecture artefacts
o Facilitation of workshops for different teams / business groups within Schroders
o Educate and advise on the application of Scaled agile methodology to deliver technology and business change and on its wider applicability
The role will involve:
• Leading the delivery of some consulting assignments and assisting on the delivery of complex assignments usually under the supervision of a more senior member of the team
• Contributing to prioritisation for the overall pipeline of potential Business Consultancy work
• Building positive relationships with GMC / GMC-1 level stakeholders within the organisation
• Operating as a positive role model for the rest of the Business Consultancy team through leading by example
• Influencing the agenda for the team through leading service proposition design, business development work, thought leadership and the injection of innovative ideas and ways of thinking
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
• Undertaking line management for other member of the Business Consultancy team
The role may also involve:
• Leading some large and complex Consultancy Assignments across all consultancy practice service lines following established best practice
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Broad investment management experience gained primarily in a Buy Side organisation, in two or more of the following areas:
o Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
o Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM
o Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation, Risk, Finance, Procurement, HR, Legal and Compliance
• Relevant Change Management qualification
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.