Recruitment Business Partner
Bovill is an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
Our Prudential Practice is looking for a highly motivated, proactive yet disciplined compliance managing consultant to provide high quality, advice to our clients. We specialise in helping clients solve difficult and interesting problems, so we look for people who thrive on intellectual challenge, can roll up their sleeves to delve into issues and get satisfaction from helping clients, conduct a thorough analysis of a problem and translate that into practical advice.
The successful candidate will support and assist Bovill’s banking and investment firm clients by providing prudential regulatory advisory services and project managing larger advisory engagements. Reporting to Practice Lead and having line management of some of the members of the practice.
Some of the areas you can expect to assist clients in include:
- Provide high quality advice and support to clients on a range of regulatory compliance matters. This may include:
- ICAAPs, ILAAPs, RRP, Wind-down plan, prudential consolidation, operational risk and resilience, stress testing
- conducting prudential reviews
- developing risk management frameworks
- GABRIEL reporting
- delivering training sessions and workshops for compliance staff and senior management
- assisting with authorisations
- drafting policies and procedures
- responding to ad-hoc and routine regulatory queries
- Manage projects, often with multiple workstreams. This includes project planning, budgeting, scheduling, resource management and project close-down.
- Act as the main point of contact for a portfolio of clients.
- Actively partner with global sector teams to support and deliver on shared projects and responsibilities, where required.
Successful candidates will have:
- A degree level education, a qualified accountant would be preferable
- Excellent understanding of CRR, CRD IV, FCA Handbook, GENPRU, BIPRU, IFPRU
- Evidence of advising on prudential regulatory issues at a senior level.
- Proven high level knowledge of the financial services regulatory regime and the FCA/PRA’s policies and practices, with an in-depth knowledge of relevant prudential and reporting issues.
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets; consulting experience would be advantageous.
- Ability to anticipate, monitor and manage compliance risks resulting from various investments and business activities.
- Ability to analyse industry regulations; adapt and develop policies and procedures to meet compliance requirements.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to exercise discretion and make independent judgments on all matters for clients.
- Proven ability to be proactive when dealing with clients giving full consideration to their requirements.
- Excellent communication skills with the proven ability and drive to build, manage and maintain client relationships.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong organizational and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
- Experience managing client relationships. Excellent people management and development skills
- Ability to confidently interact with Board and Executive level clients.
- Ability to work independently, prioritise multiple projects and engagements whilst meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent people management and development skills
You will also have responsibility for building the pipeline by generating new leads and leveraging existing relationships to maximise opportunities for up/cross-selling. Therefore, prior consulting experience would be advantageous.
When the opportunity arises, you may also be required to assist other teams and clients on a wider range of regulatory matters, so a willingness to develop knowledge across the spectrum and collaborate on work outside of your main areas of expertise is expected.
Given the technical nature of the work we do, exceptional communication skills and high attention-to-detail are paramount.
In return we offer:
- The opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial, fast moving, stimulating environment
- Strong career development support – mentoring, coaching, relevant training and development – to enable your progression
- The opportunity to work closely with, and learn from, our global team of regulatory experts
- A small informal company environment with minimal bureaucracy
- A competitive salary, performance-related discretionary bonus, and flexible benefits package
Bovill actively supports flexible working and are introducing a hybrid working practice. We welcome applications from candidates who wish to work part-time, flexible start & finish or compressed hours.