Managing Director, Process Excellence
Job Description Moody's Investors Service (MIS) is seeking an MD, Process Excellence/Master Black Belt who will lead the strategy and vision setting towards a unified Continuous Improvement plan globally. This will include driving the implementation of initiatives and best practices for enhancing operations, processes, and efficiency. In addition, this individual will be responsible for measuring and reporting results to ensure business goals are achieved. This work will coincide with transformational work within MIS and Moody's Corporation (MCO) more broadly. The MD, Process Excellence will:
- Evaluate all existing processes across MIS globally: prioritize, sequence and implement recommendations to improve organizational process performance by improving productivity and customer experience, supporting digitization and reducing costs.
- Manage and scale the MIS Design Center, which is comprised of full-time and rotational high potential employees who are taught to apply Design Thinking, Lean Six Sigma, and Agile methods and mindsets on transformation projects.
- Partner closely with the MD, Product lead in MIS Technology as processes align with the product life cycle with a targeted goal of improving customer-centric delivery.
- Collaborate in a matrixed environment across MIS teams as change initiatives are incubated, solved for and implemented.
- Create a Six Sigma dashboard/business scorecard with appropriate KPIs to then leverage as we monitor continuous improvement and/or address problem areas.
- Coach business leaders in Design Thinking, Lean Six Sigma and Agile management mindsets and behaviors to instill a culture of continuous improvement.
- Teach and train designated process, product and data owners to measure, manage and improve processes, develop process/product roadmaps, collaborate with scrum teams to automate and digitize processes where appropriate, and successfully incorporate technology improvements into work processes.
- Partner with the MIS Senior Leadership Team to provide leadership and direction to develop and execute the strategy for breakthrough levels of improvement in operational excellence, process capability, continuous improvement and customer satisfaction across MIS.
- Work with MIS leaders to establish, measure and monitor business capabilities, baseline key performance indicators, establish performance targets and monitor progress; partner to ensure collaborative solutions are identified for current and future requirements.
- Orchestrate and oversee the strategic development, planning and execution of various transformation programs and projects targeted toward improving business performance.
- Serve as a transformation change agent by stimulating, communicating and institutionalizing key initiatives.
Lean Six Sigma Mentorship & Skill Development
- Use quality improvement strategy to inform, develop and oversee the annual project deployment plan, goals, and priorities, in coordination with MIS senior leaders.
- Supervise and manage Design Center participants contributing to transformation projects. Coach and manage project teams to:
- Define, measure, analyze, improve and manage processes and end-to-end solutions that optimize process efficiency and effectiveness, mitigate risks and right-size employee work effort to provide high quality products and services to Moody's customers and constituents.
- Lead efforts to improve quality and/or minimize process cost. Use data analysis and process modeling to craft appropriate solutions that meet business and customer/constituent requirements. Assess risks associated with current and proposed processes against business objectives and ensure solutions align with the risk appetite and risk management framework.
- Work with process, product and data owners to develop and manage all aspects of a process, including roles, responsibilities, training, operations and business systems.
- Pilot and introduce new processes in a smooth and effective manner. Mentor individuals and teams to build capabilities to ensure continuous improvement after initial implementation.
- Set KPIs for each project team in cooperation with executive and operations leadership and execute on those targets.
- Institute, direct and facilitate the improvement process using methods and mindsets, such as: Design Thinking, Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Improvement Process, Kaizen, Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma DMAIC, Design for Six Sigma DMADOV, etc..., for sustained improvements in productivity, efficiency, end-to-end process management and continuous process improvement.
- Independently gauge effects and provide regular updates to MIS senior leaders on progress, issues, or needs.
- Confirm effectiveness of implemented actions via financial and non-financial reporting.
- Teach, train, coach, and mentor selected MIS employees who will participate in the rotational program in the Design Center on the implementation of Design Thinking, Lean Six Sigma, and Agile skills.
- Support overall development across MIS executives, managers and employees as they seek to manage processes, data, and products that will drive best-in-class service for customers.
- Instruct and oversee teams who will apply Design For Six Sigma principles and methods to creating new processes and building new products and service offerings.
- Develop and execute on product/process roadmaps in partnership with MIS Technology and Compliance (and other functional areas as needed).
- Certify employees who demonstrate required skills and competencies to earn Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Black Belt, and Master Black Belt qualifications.
- Oversee and report upon all Lean Six Sigma activities, including trainings, certifications and events, in addition to cost savings achieved.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in executive leadership roles responsible for operations, transformation, and/or quality
- Master Black Belt certification in Lean Six Sigma
- Exceptional people leader who embraces diversity and inclusion with successful experiences leading transformational changes in multiple settings (i.e. organization or lines of business); preference for experience in a regulated environment
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization
- Motivated to achieve results through teamwork and collaboration; drives results through managing teams to success, in addition to partnering with others to achieve results (i.e. team player)
- Dedicated to delivering a great client experience, while complying with laws and regulations
- Forward leaning into technology, automation, and emerging financial products
- Experience working with and leading self-directed teams
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Customer focused in defining quality and establishing priorities
- Ability to deliver effective presentations and educate at all levels of the organization
- Intellectually curious, open minded, and a creative problem solver with impeccable judgment
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.